Anyone go to the Rome public hearing tonight?

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
If so ---Details ?

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Not me.. Last night was the 1st night home from a LONG Allstar's tournament in Blue Ridge.. So I worked in my garden!

Beagler

The last day for comments is the 26th and if what I read is correct the Board meets the 27th.

Rulo

Nope , not me......after all Rome and Augusta are so convenient for the rest of us to converge on.....

On a seriouse note though,,,,,why'd they have these meetings only in Rome and Augusta?

Why not Athens? Gainesville, somewhere in Gwinnett, ???? up 85 ........how about Covington? but Rome and Augusta? What about the people in between Rome and Augusta?

Oh the wizards of DNR are at it again........

Who are they kidding? The fix is in........

leejohn

I did. Overwhelming support among the attendees for legalizing baiting. DNR officials very courteous and knowledgeable. The GWF President stood up and voiced his opposition based on CWD.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Those meetings are rarely if ever near us. If they are it’s about a topic that doesn’t concern me at all.
Bait effects Georgia statewide so let ALL the people of the state vote at the polls. Rome and Thomson is several hours away either direction and is only a small fraction of a percentage of the entire state.

Nope , not me......after all Rome and Augusta are so convenient for the rest of us to converge on.....

On a seriouse note though,,,,,why'd they have these meetings only in Rome and Augusta?

Why not Athens? Gainesville, somewhere in Gwinnett, ???? up 85 ........how about Covington? but Rome and Augusta? What about the people in between Rome and Augusta?

Oh the wizards of DNR are at it again........

Who are they kidding? The fix is in........

Browning Slayer

The GWF President stood up and voiced his opposition based on CWD.

And hopefully the door hit him on the way out. That argument is stupid considering it's already legal to bait.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I will say it again. The issue is NOT baiting. The issue is changing the regulations to allow hunting within 200 yards of the current baiting.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I will say it again. The issue is NOT baiting. The issue is changing the regulations to allow hunting within 200 yards of the current baiting.

I’d think the current law change is a huge mistake and has countless effects on the entire state. Much more than most people realize, know about or willing to admit.
That law is not (just) about effecting you, your property and your feeder location.

PappyHoel

I guess my backyard deer that get fed periodically throughout the years have a chance at catching cwd

Browning Slayer

They do. Bait and feed concentrates deer unnaturally in any state

So you're saying CWD is created by corn?

Doesn't a food plot concentrate deer as well? What about a natural spring?

lampern

So you're saying CWD is created by corn?

Doesn't a food plot concentrate deer as well? What about a natural spring?

Natural springs are natural.

Food plots are usually much bigger than a bait pile but small food plots have the same effect.

They are not natural and concentrate deer.

Matt Knox is from Georgia and is the current head of Virginia’s deer program.

He says CWD is no joke and should be taken seriously.

Why expand something that can spread diseases?

CWD has expanded a lot since 2011 including in the southeast

The difference with tossing out corn is it can be done on any property and is cheaper than maintaining and planting a food plot . Dump the corn or minerals out and that’s it.

Deer are concentrated.

The dynamic has changed with CWD expansion since 2011.

Biologists get that. Hunters don’t.

Last edited:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
O
Natural springs are natural.

Food plots are usually much bigger than a bait pile but small food plots have the same effect.

They are not natural and concentrate deer.

Matt Knox is from Georgia and is the current head of Virginia’s deer program.

He says CWD is no joke and should be taken seriously.

Why expand something that can spread diseases?

CWD has expanded a lot since 2011 including in the southeast

The difference with tossing out corn is it can be done on any property

There was an article recently that said common water sources spread it also

lampern

Yes. The idea is to minimize as much as possible and practical the sites where deer congregate

Not expanding baiting and feeding is one way to do that.

jakebuddy

The law change is a done deal might as well except that. CWD is a big deal in the states affected I believe they cannot even feed deer or any wildlife.