Anyone Going to See ARS and Pure Prairie League at Hiawassee?

Rick Alexander

is this the Randy Harper that attended Habersham Central in the mid 70's???
The timing would be about right - he's my age or just a little younger and I graduated in 76. He played with my son for a guy named Ross Coppley for about 5 years back a few years back. Killer band - just couldn't make a go of it consistently on the bigger stage. Great guy and a fantastic keyboard player - those were some fun days. Lives in Nashville these days but lived here in GA back then. He played for a little while with Ricky Skaggs as well and I believe a couple other national acts in the past.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Elf is from Chambodia. Doravilles little sister

yeah.. but ARS didn't do a song 'bout Sham-ba leeeeeee, a touch of asia near the city....

Actually I'm from Buckhead - one block from Lenox Square. I moved all the way out to Chamblee when I got married but I partied all over north ATL including Doraville so yeah, I'm a Doraville homer.

BTW treeman, you got it backerds. Doraville is Chamblee's little sister and NE GA Pappy, the Asians live in Doraville along Buford Hwy. We got the Mexicans in Chamblee.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
The timing would be about right - he's my age or just a little younger and I graduated in 76. He played with my son for a guy named Ross Coppley for about 5 years back a few years back. Killer band - just couldn't make a go of it consistently on the bigger stage. Great guy and a fantastic keyboard player - those were some fun days. Lives in Nashville these days but lived here in GA back then. He played for a little while with Ricky Skaggs as well and I believe a couple other national acts in the past.

Randy and I go way back. We were in the same WOW camp as kids. We played softball together, and went to summer camp together. He took 4 courses of band for his jr and sr year in high school. He would have one class of concert band, one of guitar, one of marching band, and then another that I can't remember. Mr Raines would let Randy do whatever he wanted to do, because regardless of the instrument, Randy could play it. and play it well.

I remember at one WOW camp, Randy was about 10 or 11. The rest of us were at the lake fishing. Randy was in the dining hall playing the piano.

I am glad to hear he landed well with his talents.

greg_n_clayton

Well.....that one is in the books. I really enjoyed ARS !! They played all the songs you would expect to hear plus some. As far as The Pure Prarie League, they were very disappointing. They played for approximately a hour and they only played 1 song I have ever heard before, or remember hearing. I am sure everyone can guess what that 1 song was, and it was their closing. The venue there at the fairgrounds was nice for the mountains. To me anyways, it was my first time there. It you ever buy tickets for the floor, be sure to take a pillow to sit on.

Last edited: