Anyone got results from the Chickasawhatchee hunt?

Bullhound

We're going next week as well. Haven't heard anything good. Swamps aren't accessible and even though you can find a few places to hunt...getting a deer out will be difficult. Definitely will need a cart or helicopter from what I hear. Doesn't sound good but we'll have a good time at camp if nothing else. Speaking of camp...I've heard the camping areas are pretty bad too!

Blackston

I scouted week after hurricane and campground didn't look bad to me It will be my first hunt don't know much about it. I ll be ina white older F150 with a camper. SIDE NOTE If y'all break any thing metal while ya there I got a full welding set up come see me!!!!! No charge to help a GON bro out !!! ( Within reason)

Bullhound

I'm hoping to make a trip this weekend and check it out. We like to camp at Mud Creek Rd entrance. It's pretty wooded there and we were told it may be difficult. I'll be in a gray F150 with some FSU stickers on the back glass. We have a pretty large group of guys from Grady/Decatur county going to be up there. Stop in and say hey if you get a chance. We might not see any deer but we have a blast at camp.

leftystar

Me and pops is setting up Tuesday morning and the rest will be there Wednesday morning. White Ford 4 door with a bumper pull camper.

Bullhound

I was at first hunt and only around 40 killed. Deer cart is no good when ya have 100 trees to cross. Campgrounds and roads are good.

Thanks for the update! I heard there weren't many deer killed. I wonder if that partially do to not as many people showing up too? We don't live far but a lot of people drive a couple of hours to come to the hunts...I'd hate to drive a couple of hours to try to hunt an area destroyed by a hurricane.

Blackston

Loading the truck so I can head out Wednesday after work. Be rollin in late see y'all Thursday!!!!!IMG_0508.PNG

southGAlefty

Thanks for the update! I heard there weren't many deer killed. I wonder if that partially do to not as many people showing up too? We don't live far but a lot of people drive a couple of hours to come to the hunts...I'd hate to drive a couple of hours to try to hunt an area destroyed by a hurricane.

I can’t say for sure but I don’t think this was the case. The check station campground was pretty full. I hunted each hunt except for the last afternoon and saw exactly 1 deer and it came home with me. I usually do pretty well up there but all my old honey holes were demolished. It was just tough hunting with the weather and the shape the woods were in.

Bullhound

I can’t say for sure but I don’t think this was the case. The check station campground was pretty full. I hunted each hunt except for the last afternoon and saw exactly 1 deer and it came home with me. I usually do pretty well up there but all my old honey holes were demolished. It was just tough hunting with the weather and the shape the woods were in.

I went up yesterday and drove around Mud Creek Rd. The plantation did a LOT of clear cutting on the boundary and those trees didn't stand a chance when the hurricane hit. I had a honey hole down on the south end I always had luck in...but I didn't even make it that far. The roads were pretty nasty with all the rain.

We're headed up Wednesday with a group of about 20...hopefully we'll get some knocked down!

Blackston

I'm 2wd so if y'all see a tall fella in a bind plz help a brotha out

Bullhound

I'm 2wd so if y'all see a tall fella in a bind plz help a brotha out

Man...I've got 4wd but I've got factory tires and they are basically street tires. I'm not gonna lie...I got a little nervous riding through yesterday. That's why I didn't make it all the way down to the creek crossing...I turned around.

If you need help...shoot me a PM. We'll do what we can to help if nothing more than sit with you and wait lol.

leftystar

We are down here now it was a challenge just getting the camper turned around in the camp ground in 4x4. They had been letting the crews cleaning up the roads stay in the camp ground and it's a muddy mess there leaving tomorrow by lunch and that Will give hunters more room. We are the 1st camper on the right. I got a buddy coming Wednesday with a yota and a winch if a pinch happens lets us know. The road crews said the pipes at the Creek on Chickasaw Rd is gone. But I haven't seen it. Some spots on 62 we're maybe a foot away from coming on to the highway. And get fuel in Albany Leary is 2.50. Albany was 2.15 I'll know more tomorrow we gonna be riding and looking. Pm and I'll give you my cell if anyone needs help.

Blackston

Im thinking about not even trying to bring my camper with my 2 wd

Blackston

What ya think

Bullhound

Must have been the main campground on Chickasawhatchee Rd.. The campground on Mud Creek Rd was fine except the downed trees. Plenty of space to put campers around the trees and the roads were fine.

Blackston....you'll be fine to put a camper on Mud Creek Rd. campground.