Anyone on here use bassresource?

AllTerrainAngler

I joined the forum years ago and occasionally check in to see whats new. Today i posted a positive customer service experience and I was blocked for 24 hours. When I asked I was pretty much told since the company was not a sponsor of their forum anything pertaining to them was spam and would be removed. For reasons like that I stick to GON. Every issue I've encountered here was resolved immediately and professionally.

JohnK

I tried to join one time but they ask too many questions just to join a forum so I didn't finish.

AllTerrainAngler

After today i deleted my account. I got jumped on by admins for simply stating that 13 fishing provided top notch customer service. One commenter said abu garcia customer service went downhill and my response was " i received a rod directly from them broken and they refused to warranty it unless I paid a replacement fee and shipping. Abu pays the bills for bassresource so you can't state anything but how great they are.

AllTerrainAngler

It’s definitely not what it use to be. Also doesn’t that forum run 13 fishing ads?
A previous admin messaged me. They're partnered with abu garcia now and the companies on the right banner. If you mention any other company the name will post as ******** instead of the name and you get banned. If you share a poor experience with any of the affiliated companies that's another "point"

Damidgede

I have been on there but never posted. I very seldom even visit these days. I do normally visit several times a day here to GON if that tells you anything.

Tmpr111

I ran from that forum a couple years back, due to an issue with an Admin and how my account was handled. It was a very disappointing (and frustrating) ordeal.

Their stuff is outdated and they repost articles from years back.

Teh Wicked

Message forums are about dead anyways, social media has killed them. Its easier to just join groups related to your specific area of fishing and get the intel, who is going and when, etc...

Simply put, any Forum that operates like that is well on their way to being out of business. the only reason this forum is still as active as it is, is because the content is not really filtered unless its for language.

patcavscout

I never used them although I am familiar with that site and its YouTube content. A couple months back I caught a whiff of there being some blatant Moderator abuse and horrible shilling to the point it stifles honest discussion like AllTerrainAngler mentioned. They go full commie and ban even the mention of any other site, service, or product that is not a paid sponsor of the site. Plus there are a lot of stories that the owner, Glenn May, is pretty much gonzo levels of crazy with his power tripping, stalking people on other sites and banning them, and constant threatening to sue people all the time even when he clearly has no legal standing. I don't patronize places like that where open discussion isn't allowed and mods and admins act like petty tyrants. The internet is a big place. If I'm not getting what I'm looking for from I'll just go someplace else along with my potential ad and service revenue.

Here are some of the things I found;
1) This blog from way back was the first thing one I found. I was googling Flukemaster, who by the way has left moderating that site and gone on to be an awesome and successful content creator on his own. Seems the moderation over there was a bit crazy Enough people chimed in in the comments with similar experiences: https://armchairanglers.wordpress.com/2010/02/05/banned-bo-gets-booted-from-bass-resource-forums/

2) This SEVEN PAGE forum thread which is basically an airing of grievances. The posts concerning the owner banning people who were expressing their opinion on other sites and in PRIVATE GROUPS are pretty great. But, the best is on page 3, post #51, where the owner of bassresource.com, Glenn May, actually shows up and denys everything and threatens to sue. He actually made an account to do this and was met with the expected amount of ridicule and laughter: http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=733932&page=3

3) This thread from Bassresource.com asking why the above mentioned Flukemaster was banned. Don't know if he actually was or not but seems like Glenn May once again went Gary Busey crazy and came in, talked smack about Flukemaster, and locked the thread:https://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-forums/topic/167452-flukemaster/

No thanks, I'll pass.

Scout'nStripers

I lasted about 1 day on the site. As soon as I mentioned that I am a tackle manufacturer and mentioned the name of my company you would have thought I just committed a major felony. A moderator beat me down and belittled me to the point I never wanted to come back to the site....and I haven't.

AllTerrainAngler

One of the mods sent me a rude message regarding an issue I had. I had a 13 fishing rod posted in the flea market and they deleted it and gave me warning points.

GThunter5

flukemaster is great

Bassresource has gone down

I browse here and bbc a bit. Someone mentioned while ago - Facebook groups have replaced forums a bit

Grampa1114

Been a member there for years...Only started having doubts when I moved south and asked for hints. Was totally ignored. In New England I helped every one... But nobody helped anyone on the Southern forum and I thought Southern Hospitality was a myth. Then I found you all and smartened up. With Flukemasters help I'm even catching a fish once in a while.