Anyone play guitar?

someguyintraffic

I play a little. Never hit it big. Buddies had bands. Played in bars a handful of times. Mine are dust covered in the stands. Havent played in months and months.

champ

Awesome! and congrats on Your new axe! I got my first Gibson LP 25yrs ago and it just gets better with time and the more You play it. Looking at getting myself an Es335 now that I'm picking and grinning more these days.

Jeepnfish

A few years ago I bought an acoustic, not a cheapo either. My mistake. Instructional CDs and videos couldn't make my fingers work. I put in a lot of effort but just couldn't do it. God made me a painter instead, no other artistic talents other than painting and drawing. I have made money on paintings though.

Dialer

I’ve always wanted to play. My first guitar was a electric “Honda II” that I bought at the base PX in Mannheim Germany in 1983. A fellow soldier taught me a Barr chord, and “Crazy Train”. We would go to the rec center at Benjamin Franklin Village and simply sign for brand new Fender Strats fresh from the box, and brand new amplifiers. We played ALOT of Sabbath, and just screwed around killing time. I never took a lesson, and still can’t tell you an A from a F sharp, but I tune my Ibanez RG to where I like it, and play until I get bored. My I-phone “guitar songs” playlist has grown to quite a few songs that I play along with using the wife’s karaoke machine driven through a stereo amplifier pumped through 4 speakers in each corner. I blend the master volume on the Marshall mini-stack to blend in with the stereo. I call it “guitar karaoke”. My favorites are Queen LIVE (I want to break free), Skid Row (I remember you), Scorpions (World Wide LIVE), etc...All played using Barr chords and ad lib ....

GA1dad

While I don't pick them up as much as I used to,, you can find 3 or 4 acoustics around my house,,, and an electric and a banjo and 2 mandolins and recently a baritone uke,,, and my daughter has an 88 key electric piano.

I was always a Guild fan.