Anyone purchased a Reolink Go cam?

Hiccup

I wanted to know if anyone had purchased this 4G cam and can provide any feedback? I just ordered one from Amazon along with the solar panel to use at one of my farm gates that has become a lover’s lane/poacher entrance. (Yes, it will require some camo work). Thanks for any response.

Attachments

• D95580C7-0D28-4D81-8A22-B9177B8C0904.jpeg
    D95580C7-0D28-4D81-8A22-B9177B8C0904.jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Anthony61

BANNED
After studying this online, one obvious thing is the night vision... I really do not see many LEDs or room for LEDs. I seriously doubt it can have much range on the night time illumination. I expect it is designed to be within 10 feet of the subject at night.

It also obviously has nothing much in the way of a 4G LTE antenna so the signal must be strong in order for it to work most likely... When I go out to the boonies I normally do not find a super strong signal but a fairly weak one and the cell cam needs a very good antenna out of the box and sometimes a high gain antenna just to get decent function.

Also its T-Mobile...

How do we know the trigger time on it? It may take 5 seconds to boot and start recording.

It is white. :cool:

Not so sure that "White is Beautiful"

Hiccup

After studying this online, one obvious thing is the night vision... I really do not see many LEDs or room for LEDs. I seriously doubt it can have much range on the night time illumination. I expect it is designed to be within 10 feet of the subject at night.

It also obviously has nothing much in the way of a 4G LTE antenna so the signal must be strong in order for it to work most likely... When I go out to the boonies I normally do not find a super strong signal but a fairly weak one and the cell cam needs a very good antenna out of the box and sometimes a high gain antenna just to get decent function.

Also its T-Mobile...

How do we know the trigger time on it? It may take 5 seconds to boot and start recording.

It is white. :cool:

Not so sure that "White is Beautiful"

Hiccup

I have watched several reviews on YouTube. One from a farm in rural PA. Guess we’ll see what the reception is like in South Ga and plan to camo it with tape or paint. Solar panel is black. Thanks

Anthony61

BANNED
Also, if it has LEDs... I assume they are Red Flash? animals and humans will see the flash.

Does it do Photo mode ?

Schedule Mode?

Quiet Time ? (delay between triggers)

Multiple Resolutions?

Variable Frame Rates?

Variable Quality Settings ?

Usable Trigger time ? (< 1 second)

There are a lot of things that make a product "mature" for a particular market like hunting or security. I would probably have to get one to know if its a viable product... also if its Red Flash, I would likely avoid it in the first place.

If it has no flash then I am really confused.... is it FLIR technology ?

whitter

BANNED
Hiccup, pls let us know when you get it and all about the set up and post some pictures when they are available.

LTZ25

I have an Arlo Go on dock that works great an it not wifi , works great at night also , the newest models are night time color .

I have two in operation, bought in March of this year. Have one that went brain dead and one operating flawlessly. Location does not have Wi-fi so I have the cell version.
Has been great for watching over an equipment shed remotely located.
Customer service is via email and usually get a canned acknowledgement then an awkward response. I am sending the brain dead unit back for replacement so I will report back on their return policy.
Camo cover, but swivel mount is white so I spray painted to match surrounding wood.
I have data plan thru T mobile (tower almost in view 4 miles away).
App will scare the **** out of you in the middle of the night so spend time setting the PIR sensor to the proper setting. Solar charger has been excellent.
Storage plan seemed reasonable compared to value of equipment it is overseeing.
records the motion triggered video, and you can access live anytime. Only a few failures to connect, so not much an issue.
Overall very pleased as there is nothing else that gives live video in remote locations.

PIR IR sensors give faint glow but mounted sorta out of sight up about 14 feet. If looking at it you will see it. Does better with movement across the detection field vs movement directly towards camera.

Size is about that of an avocado. Micro SD gives internal storage if online plan not chosen. Setup was very very easy.

Video quality very good. Ability to 2way voice when accessed live and option to sound a mid level siren is selectible. I do not use these as I do not want to call undue attention to the camera. Can listen to local audio without 2way if desired. Really neat to hear remote sounds. Trigger to app alert is typically about 10-15 secs!!

PM if you have any questions. Bottom line: I would not hesitate to buy again.

cowhornedspike

Looks similar to Arlo GO and I have been using those for several years with good results. Wish they had external antenna port to work better in weak areas though.

Hiccup

Well, the Reolink did not work for me. I purchased the T-Mobile SIM card that Reolink recommended would work best and checked coverage for my area in South Georgia, but after working with T-Mobile and Reolink customer service, I could not get a service connection at my farm. I sent the camera back to Amazon for a full refund.

Latest posts