Anyone seeing any Rutting activity in Spalding County?

drpyloo

I'm seeing plenty of rut activity in South Fulton, but I hunted on my buddies property this afternoon in Spalding County and the Rut seems non existent. Anyone seeing any rut activity out here?

kbuck1

You missed it. No, really it seems to be slow but have seen chasing and cruising. Most of it was back around the 2nd -5th. Historically speaking the 7th-9th has always been good to us and 15-18th. Don't give up. Where abouts yall at in Spalding?

Batgirl

I haven't witnessed it, but I came up on several hit by cars that were chasing. One was the other day around 1745.

drpyloo

I had an awesome hunt yesterday evening in Spalding Co even though I did not get to bag Shadow (8+pnt buck). But I finally was given the pleasure to see him with my own eyes. He came out of his bedding area out of nowhere and dissapeared just as fast. I was never able to setup for a shot with my bow. However, he did not pay a single bit of attention to the Tinks around him or my grunts. I only got him to stop once after 4 grunts. He turned around, looked in the direction of my grunts and without a bit of mind just kept walking toward his feeding area. He had no indication of a Rutting Buck. But if what you say is true then I guess I'll have to hunt him the conventional way.

kbuck1

Hopefully you'll get him. Of course we see and kill bucks on other days but the ones I mentioned have produced more consistently. Friend of mine killed a nice buck yesterday at 4:30 cruising in Spalding. Checked a cam this morning and had a cruiser at 8 am on the 10th and one at 10 am yesterday. Both 8 pointers. 2 and 3 year olds

Sounds like you are close to pike. I have a lease that's on the line. Do yall have a club or private property you are hunting? Just wondering. If you are off 362 hwy shoot me a pm. I've been seeing a good one cross on a piece of property. Might be yalls place

drpyloo

guess not
My bad bud. I thought I had responded this morning. Guess it didn't go through. We are on the hwy 16 side. My buddy's grandfather owns about 30 acres off of; I believe it's Maple Rd (Sorry, I just know how to get there.

drpyloo

I hunted again this afternoon, but I wasn't able to get in the stand until about 4:30(running late, Thanks to our wonderful Atl traffic . He walked in two days ago at around 5:30, so I figured I'd try my luck. But, he was a no show. I did see a yearling doe come in all alone right at sunset, so it looks like they may be starting to separate . Hopefully, the cold snap this weekend will get them moving. I'll keep y'all updated.

wildlands

A couple of small bucks crushing this morning. Both responded quickly to the grunt call and came 8n to a food plot. Neither stopped to eat. Had one circle around and pick up the trail of a doe I had seen earlier. Hope something happens to day, it had been absolutely dead as far as a rut goes. Hunting partner and I have a lot of tree time in the last week and nothing.