Anyone tried a Glock 19X ???

Dub

http://19x.glock.us/#crossover

Fits in same holsters as G19 with G17 capacity in a addition to factory 19 round magazines.

Night sights.

No finger grooves.

Beavertail backstraps.

Etc.

I sorta like the idea.

killerv

i know where a used one is sitting right now, guess the guy didn't like it. I believe it was Glocks entry for the new military contract that Sig ended up winning.

wareagle700

The design doesn't offer much to me. If it had a G17 or G34 slide it would make sense but I don't get the compact slide on a full size frame for the civilian market. I understand why it's being sold though and people will buy them. I'd rather have another Gen 5 19.

Dub

The design doesn't offer much to me. If it had a G17 or G34 slide it would make sense but I don't get the compact slide on a full size frame for the civilian market. I understand why it's being sold though and people will buy them. I'd rather have another Gen 5 19.

I'd like to get one in hand and see how it feels.....same could be said about the Gen4 G19.

I've got big paws and the G17 frame sure is comfortable.

The G19X would use the same holsters as my Gen4 G19 (which I'll keep forever.....excellent carry gun that I shoot about as good as any pistol I've ever had).

wareagle700

Yeah I've got large hands also and the 19X definitely feels good, no complaints there. Just not my preference for a carry gun due to the size, especially when you include the extended mags.

wareagle

I personally think it's a great idea on Glocks behalf. The mid sized 1911 is by far an easier weapon to conceal and a lot of people myself included prefer 4" 1911''s and I'd love to give a X19 a try.

frankwright

I wanted to try one also even though I really don't have a need for it but we know how that goes with guns.
I have a discount GSSF coupon to use but their price is almost as much as some retailers are selling the 19X for.

Robert28

I want to see one in person but have only seen pics. Don’t really want to buy a gun I can’t put my hands on first.

krizia829

I shot one back in March in an NRA Women on Target event I volunteered to instruct. I have small hands so I have to really grip the gun good and for me, it jammed with every shot. I don't limp wrist handguns but that one for some reason jammed in every shot. It actually shot GREAT! It just jammed for me. I may have gripped it too tight as well. Every other gun I shot that day shot fine. The gun itself was a very cool concept in my opinion, which is actually how the Gen5 came along but I just don't like the whole gun to be tan. Other than the color and the jamming, when it comes to the actual gun itself, I loved it.

Robert28

I wish Glock had given us the actual MHS gun that was used in the trials, safety and all. I bought a Beretta M9 recently because I like owning former guns our military has used and since it's being phased out for the SIG I figured might as well get one. From my research the only difference in the civilian M9 and the military M9 is how the serial number starts, that's it.

frankwright

One of the guys brought his 19X to the range today as we were setting up for a match tomorrow. He had told us to bring as much ammo as we wanted to shoot through it so during a rain delay we did.
I shot fifty rounds and probably 300 hundred was shot by six different shooters.
No problems at all and it shot well for me. It is undercut so the trigger guard didn't beat my knuckle like most Glocks.
With the Veterans discount going for another couple of months I might pick one up.
I would probably shoot the GSSF matches with it and bedside duty the rest of the time.
(Black one will be out in a few months too)

Reactions: Dub

FloridaLife

I shot about 50 rounds through a friend's. It is a great gun with all the improvements of the Gen 5 Glocks. The full size grip frame fits my hand better than the shorter G19 grip and the shorter G19 length slide cycles faster and feels like it gets back on target faster than a G17 slide.

I know a lot of people think Glock got this gun backwards and would rather have a 19 grip/17 slide, but there is a lot to like in this permutation.

Biggest issue for me is that it does not take Gen 5 mags since there is no cutout in the front of the magwell.

frankwright

A friend of mine shot his 19X in an IDPA match Sunday. He is a top shooter so he made the gun look really good but he did like it.
I couldn't stand it so I took advantage of the Veterans Blue Label deal and bought one at Ed's in Stockbridge. $574 OTD I think.
I put about 200 rounds of my reloads through it yesterday. It shot just fine and was fun to shoot. I am not a fan of three dot sights but I will shoot them for a while and decide if I want to switch them for my usual Sevigny black rear FO front.
It came with a 17 and two 19 Round FDE Magazines and Brownells has the 17 round ones and they offered me 10% off and free shipping on top of the normal discount, so I bought three more.

GunnSmokeer

The design doesn't offer much to me. ... I don't get the compact slide on a full size frame for the civilian market. .

Agreed. Since I won't be pocket carrying or appendix carrying this kind of gun, and I would ONLY be carrying it in a holster on my hip or at my belt line, the longer barrel of the Glock 17 isn't unwelcome at all. In fact, the longer barrel and slide (sight radius) gives better accuracy and point-ability.

The GRIP FRAME of a semi-auto pistol is the part that bumps into stuff, is difficult to conceal, etc. And the Glock 19X has the same full-sized grip frame as the G17 and other full sized military and police pistols made for OPEN CARRY outside of your waistband.

GunnSmokeer

I'd love to try a "chopped" Glock 19 with the stubby grip frame of the Glock 26.
I might have to use a pinky-finger extended base plate, but once the grip is long enough for me to get all my fingers on it, I want it to end there. Not one centimeter longer!

Dub

I've tried to like the gun.....and know that it would shoot well, but, I just can't beat my older Gen4 G19 for overall performance and ease of concealment.