Anyone tried the Great Day overhead gun rack?

rosewood

I try not to leave long guns in my truck very often, when I do I try to cover them up with a couple of extra t-shirts, or something similar, I don't have firearm related stickers on my truck either, as thieves look for those. I don't see myself ever having a gun rack in my truck like I did 30 yrs ago.
Yep. During hunting season if I stop somewhere on the way back, I will throw a jacket or other hunting gear over the long gun which is in a case so it isn't obvious what it is. Only sticker on my vehicle is Buzz.

Rosewood

Reactions: Dub

Dub

You need a bigger truck...

TRUE DAT !!!!!!!!!!

Two things that I've caught myself mumbling lately:

1) I'm too old for this crap...

2) This truck is too dang small....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A distant third mumble that is spurred on when watching the nightly news....."I need to carry more bullets". :)

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
TRUE DAT !!!!!!!!!!

Two things that I've caught myself mumbling lately:

1) I'm too old for this crap...

2) This truck is too dang small....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A distant third mumble that is spurred on when watching the nightly news....."I need to carry more bullets". :)

Add this------"I need to live in a more remote area. " :)

Dub

Add this------"I need to live in a more remote area. " :)

You is sho'nuff reading my mind, Brother.....reading my mind.

Wife is wanting to move and has been discussing new home desires. I was all for it....at the onset.

After further discussion....it seems we are Ford & Chevy on our vision of new digs.

I"m thinking wooded.....long driveway through the trees away from everything. Clays launcher out back and pistol/rifle range with a covered shooting bench. 4-wheeler or golf cart to have the dogs hop on for evening rides to a nearby fishing hole.

Her thoughts are patio homes with no space between neighbors, a backyard that isn't even large enough to have my wagon-wheeled smoker running without peeving off the neighbors who'd call the HOA and complain.....likely vegans who'd hurl at the smell of smoking meat. :rofl:

I stood tall in my desires for my wants in new home.

So.....we went shopping. Yardless homes with common driveway from neighbors, nobody had grills, no dogs, no overnight outside parking........I was a fish out of water.

Thankfully I was able to duck and dodge this first volley.

Ford & Chevy. :banginghe

transfixer

You is sho'nuff reading my mind, Brother.....reading my mind.

Wife is wanting to move and has been discussing new home desires. I was all for it....at the onset.

After further discussion....it seems we are Ford & Chevy on our vision of new digs.

I"m thinking wooded.....long driveway through the trees away from everything. Clays launcher out back and pistol/rifle range with a covered shooting bench. 4-wheeler or golf cart to have the dogs hop on for evening rides to a nearby fishing hole.

Her thoughts are patio homes with no space between neighbors, a backyard that isn't even large enough to have my wagon-wheeled smoker running without peeving off the neighbors who'd call the HOA and complain.....likely vegans who'd hurl at the smell of smoking meat. :rofl:

I stood tall in my desires for my wants in new home.

So.....we went shopping. Yardless homes with common driveway from neighbors, nobody had grills, no dogs, no overnight outside parking........I was a fish out of water.

Thankfully I was able to duck and dodge this first volley.

Ford & Chevy. :banginghe

My first wife was like that, wanted neighbors right next door, second one was opposite, liked seclusion, but her idea of the house and mine were different, she liked big open floor plans, and a bunch of big windows, I don't like a bunch of big windows unless we're going to make them bullet and break proof, I managed to win out in that case.

Not going to be a third one, I like being able to determine what makes me feel at home and secure !

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Dub, you have my sympathy.

Transfixer, I agree with you on no third. My wife and I agreed that somebody's gonna have to die.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
I try not to leave long guns in my truck very often, when I do I try to cover them up with a couple of extra t-shirts, or something similar, I don't have firearm related stickers on my truck either, as thieves look for those. I don't see myself ever having a gun rack in my truck like I did 30 yrs ago.
I am the same way!! This isn't for leaving the gun in the rack while at the store, I would only leave it in the rack at work due to me being able to see it all day long.

This is more of a rack to keep it off the backseat and floorboards.