Applling Bowhunters Weather

Al33

Weather worked out great and it was an AWesome event!

maconducks, sure would like to have met you but had no way of identifying you. I have plenty of pic's so maybe you ended up in one of them.

I met some great fellows from South Carolina I sure hope I get to share a campfire with one day. Many others as well from here in Georgia. Got to say it again, those Appling Bowhunters are some of the best REAL men you will ever meet. Thanks to Hal Rowland the hog tamer and his entire entourage of volunteers for making this event very special in so many ways. Already looking forward to next years event. Wildwood Park in Columbia County Georgia on the shores of Clark Hill was a perfect venue to have it.

The food was awesome and I think I gained a few pounds despite walking the courses.

Folks, Appling Archers, a chapter of Christian Bowhunters of America, gave the CBA a check for $5000.00 which they made on this event to further spread the Gospel of Christ. Plan to attend next year's event, you WILL NOT be disappointed.

I will share a few pic's in following posts.

maconducks

Al, I just looked at your photo albums and I shot in the group ahead of you on sat. Myself, John Eubanks, and the three women. I was the short, fat guy hitting trees.

Al33

Al, I was the short, fat guy hitting trees.

:rofl: You were not the only one.:rolleyes: :D

I take it the ladies took it well enough after realizing they should have been shooting from the orange stake.:biggrin2:

BTW, the other fellow in your group was Malery and one of the SC boys I was referring to.

Al33

The Novelty Shoots

A lot of fun and a lot of arrows met their doom on the saw blades.

Attachments

• ABF07-7.jpg
    ABF07-7.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 113
  • ABF07-8.jpg
    ABF07-8.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 112

Al33

The buffalo shoot

From an unrevealed 92 yards a recurve shooter popped one baloon and hit the buff two times in a row.:fine: I was either over or under with about 6 tries.:eek:

First pic from stake towards buf and second pic is looking back towards the shooters. NO, they were not shooting at the time I took the pic's.:p

Attachments

• ABF07-6.jpg
    ABF07-6.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 109
  • ABF07-5.jpg
    ABF07-5.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 104

Al33

Saw blade shoot champs

First pic of compound class and they had to shoot at a very small hole. Second pic is Hal's son, William, who beat out the stickbow shooters and is taking aim.

All shot from 20 yards.

Attachments

• ABF07-42.jpg
    ABF07-42.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 114
  • ABF07-43.jpg
    ABF07-43.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 112
glad yall had a good turn out, me and the misses were gonna come down that way but I got hit with a case of the creeping crud, hate these allergies