Are all cultures "equal"?

Balrog

Thread starter #1
Would you say all cultures of the world are equal?
Can one culture be "better" than another?

If you feel some cultures are better than others, then how does the better culture benefit from multiculturalism? Wouldn't bringing in other cultures simply make the better culture a little worse?

Would you say all cultures of the world are equal?
Can one culture be "better" than another?

If you feel some cultures are better than others, then how does the better culture benefit from multiculturalism? Wouldn't bringing in other cultures simply make the better culture a little worse?
Yes. All "multiculturalism" is is watering down the culture of the host country.

Some cultures in the world today are not good, nor compatible with other cultures. We do not need them here in our culture.

Big7

Yes. All "multiculturalism" is is watering down the culture of the host country.
And "our" goober*ment keeps doing it.

3rd world in 75 years or less.

Won't matter to me then though.

Just sayin' facepalm:

transfixer

100 years ago, even 150 years ago, people from other cultures came to our country and wanted to be " American citizens " they didn't come here and demand America change to suit them, or accommodate them, they learned the language, at least the vast majority of them, now its almost like they refuse to.

Americans are being outnumbered, Productive members of our country also usually only have as many kids as they can afford, the people who want to change our culture don't stop at 1 or 2,, they have 4, 5, 6 or more, in years to come we'll simply be outnumbered at the voting booths. No way around it,,,

There is a big difference between immigration and colonization.

gunnurse

Does one's religion not also determine one's culture, to a large extent? How many Baptists of Methodist are found to be using swords to behead people?

The culture of American citizens is determined greatly by their environment. You can have a culture of taking and not giving back. You can have a culture of hating. And these transcend all religions- or lack there of.

The struggle is to find a culture that is self-sustaining and fair or good for all. We as conservative white Christians are in the bull's-eye for destruction. Once we're gone, it will be interesting to watch the self-destruction begin.

Miguel Cervantes

GON Severe Weatherman
https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-11261/0-0-0-32547/0-0-0-32553.html

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-29/0-0-0-10309.html

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

Note: In certain circumstances there can be a modification or waiver of the Oath of Allegiance. Read Chapter 5 of A Guide to Naturalization for more information.

The principles embodied in the Oath are codified in Section 337(a) in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), which provides that all applicants shall take an oath that incorporates the substance of the following:

Support the Constitution;

Renounce and abjure absolutely and entirely all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which the applicant was before a subject or citizen;

Support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic;
Bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and

A. Bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; or

B. Perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; or

C. Perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law.

Miguel Cervantes

GON Severe Weatherman
The problem with the Oath to Naturalization is that (A) there are too many loopholes watering it down & (B) there is no penalty of perjury should you not live up to the oath.

It is a meaningless cluster of words that have no bearing on the action taken to allow you to vote, basically.

Our country has a book of laws that continually favor the criminal and persecute the innocent, law abiding citizen.

drhunter1

Is multiculturalism a euphemism for destruction of America?
Yes. The proof is the billions of people of other cultures who hate us for trying to do it right.

Is multiculturalism a euphemism for destruction of America?
Absolutely.

Our nation's motto is "E pluribus unum" - out of many, one.

Absolutely.

Our nation's motto is "E pluribus unum" - out of many, one.
Our new motto is "nos autem praevaricator in multa biberam"