Are all cultures "equal"?

rayjay

All cultures are great. All are the best. All should be aspired to. At their point of origin.

hawglips

Would you say all cultures of the world are equal?
Can one culture be "better" than another?

If you feel some cultures are better than others, then how does the better culture benefit from multiculturalism? Wouldn't bringing in other cultures simply make the better culture a little worse?
There are superior and inferior cultures in the same country. That is glaringly apparent when you look at statistics regarding family makeups, out of wedlock births, prison populations, income distributions, education levels, etc - and watch looting videos.

Can't get a Latin or Spanish translation out of that. :huh:
"We will break one into many pieces." According to Google translate. :)

"We will break one into many pieces." According to Google translate. :)
:cool: I just found a better translator and confirmed. Father Rizzuto is rolling in his grave. My Latin is failing me miserably. Professor Benedit ain't too happy either. My Spanish es pobrecito hoy dias. Romance languages are highly overrated.:bounce:

:cool: I just found a better translator and confirmed. Father Rizzuto is rolling in his grave. My Latin is failing me miserably. Professor Benedit ain't too happy either. My Spanish es pobrecito hoy dias. Romance languages are highly overrated.:bounce:
Just knew you were "multi-culturally" educated!:rofl:

Just knew you were "multi-culturally" educated!:rofl:
The Marist fathers called it a "Classical Education". I just wasn't much in the way of a "classic" student. Didn't have much "class" either.

I did learn one good thing while I was there though. I can recognize an all boys reform school from 10 miles out.:bounce:

There are superior and inferior cultures in the same country. That is glaringly apparent when you look at statistics regarding family makeups, out of wedlock births, prison populations, income distributions, education levels, etc - and watch looting videos.
Some would say that is a racist statement.

Patriot44

Why don't some of the resident snowflakes chime in? Oh wait, we know how the lil darlings will answer. facepalm:

Jcook54

Why don't some of the resident snowflakes chime in? Oh wait, we know how the lil darlings will answer. facepalm:
I don't check in nearly as often as I used to but since you asked - Yes, some cultures are better than others.

Cultural relativism is something that should be considered when looking at history but the lens of cultural relativism should not end up bending what is "wrong" to something that is "right" or good.

Patriot44

I don't check in nearly as often as I used to but since you asked - Yes, some cultures are better than others.

Cultural relativism is something that should be considered when looking at history but the lens of cultural relativism should not end up bending what is "wrong" to something that is "right" or good.
Tell the statues that.... :bounce:

Jcook54

Jcook54

I'm sure the issue of Confederate statues has been talked to death on here but it isn't nearly the cut-and-dried issue that the left and the right like to make it out to be.

PopPop

I'm sure the issue of Confederate statues has been talked to death on here but it isn't nearly the cut-and-dried issue that the left and the right like to make it out to be.
The Statues are not really an issue. No one of sound mind is affected by a Statue of historical significance.

Ruger#3

You've got a point. By today's standards, even Lincoln would be tarred and feathered as a serious racist. Should we therefore tear down the Lincoln Memorial.
There reasons outside race to distain Lincoln. Yes, he was a racist that took a position to meet other objectives.

obligated

All cultures are not equal and some are just vile.
If you have lived in an area like south Floridah you have a mixture of everything from Florida crackers,blacks,Yankees,Canadians,Bahamians and other Islanders,and Latinos from every country from south and central america.
Some come here to assimilate and take a shot at the American dream.Others defiantly destroy neighborhoods,rob,play the system for free food/housing and medical at taxpayer expense.
Then you have some that wont learn to use a toilet and are filthy.
I dont like Yankees too much but at least most of them knew how to use a toilet and didnt smell so bad flies followed them.Not kidding.