Are Any of The New Blk Powder Rifles 200 Yard Guns??

Davexx1

We have heard all of the hype from the various manufacturers but I have to wonder if any of these new black powder rifles are truly effective 200 yard hunting rifles.

I shoot an old 50 cal TC Renegade with scope and it will group about 4-5 inches at 100 yards off a bench rest. Longest kill was 130 yards using a Hornady 240 sabot with 100 grains of Goex black powder.

If you have a TC Encore or similar "long range" BP rifle, what is your experience?

Dave1

Deerhead

"4" Pyrodex pellets

That would hurt you when you pull the trigger!

I'm not in to pain. :speechles

stumpman

Banned
A lot of the new ones shoot under a 3" group at 200 with 3 50gr pellets they will kick like a mule but when you are hunting you dont notice the kick much let a friend sight it in for you and he can take the abuse from the magnum charge.

Slug-Gunner

Savage ML-10-II

The Savage ML-10-II series muzzle-loader has the capability to use "Smokeless Powder" or Black-Powder/Substitutes. It also comes with the Accu-Trigger and is FULLY CAPABLE of 200 yard shots with the right bullets/sabots.

I will post a link here later to a web site that gives all the details and info on this capability and accuracy loads.

:type: :clap: :D :cool: