Are gluttons "real" christians?

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
More morning report.
Was making a cup of coffee and remembered that I had not closed this website, which may or may not aggravate the site's problem. While closing to site, I noticed that you had posted more links. Not going to read them now, may not read them later. Have a good day.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Just sat down at this blackhole of knowledge, whose only salvation is that it has readily available copies of real works, read your post, read you link, and said to my self "What a crock". Now I'm going to go into the other room to see if Thomas and Friends is on. Sometime later I may, or may not, come back to explain.
I would not expect you to say anything else to yourself about the things that directly refute your religion and your beliefs.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
More morning report.
Was making a cup of coffee and remembered that I had not closed this website, which may or may not aggravate the site's problem. While closing to site, I noticed that you had posted more links. Not going to read them now, may not read them later. Have a good day.
Unsurprising

atlashunter

More morning report.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Smart move really. If someone does not read them(or claims to have not read them) then they do not have to admit they have been informed and can continue on with claims and assertions that have have long been countered and refuted.

atlashunter

Smart move really. If someone does not read them(or claims to have not read them) then they do not have to admit they have been informed and can continue on with claims and assertions that have have long been countered and refuted.

There is nothing that could move him off his preconceptions. He’s simply not open to the possibility he is wrong. :huh:

Israel

BANNED
Jesus Christ was not part of the Torah. In the Torah the Israelites had one god that chose them. Their god did not need to make a version 2.0 in order to correct the previous mistakes it made. Their god does not manifest itself in human form. In the Torah they are instructed to wait for the son of god.
In the bible it says the son of god has arrived.
The new Testament does not fulfill the Torah.
And the reason I am saying all that is because the Deuteronomy verses used above by Hummer do speak of one god, the one and only god for the Hebrews. If the OT is to be used then it should be used correctly. One god not one god divided into different parts.

Here is a small introduction to the differences, go to https://classroom.synonym.com/jewish-beliefs-on-the-new-testament-12086664.html for the rest.
The pope prays at the Wailing Wall, one of Judaism's holiest sites.
"Why don't Jews believe in the New Testament?" many Christians ask. "After all it includes the Old Testament." That is exactly the problem. To Jews, there is no Old Testament, so there can be no New Testament. There is the Hebrew Bible (Torah) and the Christian Bible (the gospels). One contains the law of Moses; the other the law of Christ. One is considered the immutable word of God; the other claims to add to and alter his word. Perhaps, most importantly, one holds hope for the coming of the Messiah (Mashiach) while the other claims that Christ was the Messiah who died for mankind's sins.

The Torah vs. the Gospels
The Torah teaches that God is one, indivisible, all-powerful. It continues that God is incorporeal, that is, without a body and that he does not manifest himself in the form of a human being. The Torah also teaches that mankind is born pure and without sin but that he has freewill to do good or evil. The basic lessons of the Gospels, on the other hand, is that God brought himself down from the heavens in the form of a man, that man is inherently evil, and that Jesus Christ, because of original sin, died on the cross to save mankind.

Praise God! You defend Torah like a believer! You're jealous for it, zealous for it, that it not be misused nor misunderstood! You almost sound...a Jew!

I am loving your zeal in this.

"God is not a man that he should lie
Nor the son of man that he should repent"!

Oh in such a thing is the greatest conundrum, the greatest mystery, the greatest form of entrance through such a small place,

וַיִּנָּ֣חֶם ---the Hebrew word used and found in God's condition of heart before the flood.

וְיִתְנֶחָ֑ם---the Hebrew word used and found in "nor a son man that He should repent."

Both found in Strongs 5162! Oh, dear Bullet, this is not a gotcha! It's a "gotme".

Why would God do what He has no compelling to "should" do?

Oh grace brother, grace brother...just as Noah found in the eyes of the Lord...something no other bore testimony of! Seek! Be zealous! I receive any sternness, any rebuke, any reviling...but seek!

How can this be...God doing what He need not do? How can this be explained? He who can feel no force against Him sufficient to move Him to anything...is yet moved to the most severe seeming reversal?

I cannot (explain), no man can...but I am allowed this most ridiculously and laughable and joyful testifying...God makes way for another! Even for one so resistant, hard hearted, inured seemingly to all correction as myself. It is now time for a Hymn...even if it raise the fires of theological correctness in any verse...it's as much for you as it is for me, brother...may we both hear who sings over us with joy.

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

God yet looked for Adam after his betrayal...as He no less searched me out diligently in mine. I'm just a found traitor.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Praise God! You defend Torah like a believer! You're jealous for it, zealous for it, that it not be misused nor misunderstood! You almost sound...a Jew!

I am loving your zeal in this.

"God is not a man that he should lie
Nor the son of man that he should repent"!

Oh in such a thing is the greatest conundrum, the greatest mystery, the greatest form of entrance through such a small place,

וַיִּנָּ֣חֶם ---the Hebrew word used and found in God's condition of heart before the flood.

וְיִתְנֶחָ֑ם---the Hebrew word used and found in "nor a son man that He should repent."

Both found in Strongs 5162! Oh, dear Bullet, this is not a gotcha! It's a "gotme".

Why would God do what He has no compelling to "should" do?

Oh grace brother, grace brother...just as Noah found in the eyes of the Lord...something no other bore testimony of! Seek! Be zealous! I receive any sternness, any rebuke, any reviling...but seek!

How can this be...God doing what He need not do? How can this be explained? He who can feel no force against Him sufficient to move Him to anything...is yet moved to the most severe seeming reversal?

I cannot (explain), no man can...but I am allowed this most ridiculously and laughable and joyful testifying...God makes way for another! Even for one so resistant, hard hearted, inured seemingly to all correction as myself. It is now time for a Hymn...even if it raise the fires of theological correctness in any verse...it's as much for you as it is for me, brother...may we both hear who sings over us with joy.

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

God yet looked for Adam after his betrayal...as He no less searched me out diligently in mine. I'm just a found traitor.
All I am doing is showing that Christianity is yet another religion that was created off a previous religion and that no matter how much Christians want to claim and assert than Christianity is a continuation it is not.
I can argue for Judaism when needed, and then show how it got it's start from previous religions before it. I can go all the way back to show the flaws in each all along the way and show how much those flaws grow to suit.
But for this conversation where Christians are trying to tie into Judaism to reinforce their claims, Judaism refutes those claims. History is quite compelling.

Keep reading the links I posted.

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
All I am doing is showing ...

All you are doing is showing that logic, by which reason is tested, and caused me to say "What a crock" this morning, does not exist in your world.

Have fun; just like the boys standing on the corner across the street from the high school, talking about the girls, and the jocks, and the nerds, and the wetbacks, and the darkies.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
All you are doing is showing that logic, by which reason is tested, and caused me to say "What a crock" this morning, does not exist in your world.

Have fun; just like the boys standing on the corner across the street from the high school, talking about the girls, and the jocks, and the nerds, and the wetbacks, and the darkies.
Strawman and red herring all in the same post.
I get it, you have absolutely no historical, physical, or scientific proof to refute any of it. You try to insert logic into a conversation where you base the truth off of your beliefs and those beliefs include people that come back from the dead and ascend skyward. You dodge and deflect and act as if you cannot possibly lower yourself to dignify the conversation with an answer. But we know the truth. You have no answer that refutes what has been said and every time you hit that wall then you have no time, or are going to spend that time on the creek bank, pick apart grammar, spelling, and punctuation or come up with some excuse, ANY excuse to avoid admitting that you just flat out got nothing.
If you did, it would have been said, backed up with evidence and been done and over with pages ago.

I feel bad that those boys were mean to you at some point or throughout your life and you now feel the need to lump me in with them, but I was never part of that crowd.

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
Atlas knows that I use the KJV and you know that I was bullied in high school.
You guys are laughable, sad but laughable.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Atlas knows that I use the KJV and you know that I was bullied in high school.
You guys are laughable, sad but laughable.
I can only go off of whatever information you gave me in that last post. I never said you were bullied but since you brought up a very specific group of boys with very specific details about what they were doing and talking about it seemed like you were speaking from experience.
Sad, laughable yet able to back up our claims with evidence.
I can't help but notice that you still have not refuted any of the information that I posted about the early Hebrews and their beliefs or how their words are used in the bible.

Israel

BANNED
There is no way I can budge you, nor would care to...(only after learning of the direness of futility) that I am not a member of "christianity". Hey...I couldn't even get myself to see that, anymore than I could make myself discover a peculiar film over a mind that once was very inclined to think of "Jesus Christ as the founder of christianity"

Christianity is what men have done with Jesus Christ. I can't fault any man, I myself was no less once persuaded to it. I was not "allowed" to stay there. And surely there was a time I even thought it almost a blasphemy to think in any other manner. To be even more blunt, but with no hope of stumbling to any who may read, I am not at all convinced my Father Himself "sees" me as a christian. Anymore than He sees Jesus Christ thus.

This knowing of faith has brought me no less into conflict with what calls itself "of christianity" than the little bit of resistance I encounter anywhere else. Upstairs, downstairs...makes no difference...except I will say this...no professing atheist (as opposed to professing christian) has ever called the cops on me to an incarceration. (Now if that sounds like a bitterness or sour grapes I cannot help with anything about which it may sound. I had lessons to learn. They had "work" to do...in "the name of the Lord". I had much to learn about love. Still do.) None (atheists) have predicted my soon coming doom. But, I dare not scoff at that, God forbid, my wrongness in certain matters surely merits no less.

It's just really "who" gets to say it. One may say it because they really enjoy it, the speaking of doom to another with which they do not agree and can find no resolution. But...there's also a mouth that will soon speak "yer done" against which I have no appeal or means of escape...my only plea there is that may it be "done" as in the way a chef announces, not as an enemy with me in crosshairs.

But...that is also entirely out of my hands...and it's sufficiently joyous to me now how "do not worry, do not fret" lays out a path through all worry, fret and doubt to its exposure as vain things. I am convinced there is only one thing ever found or given in which worry cannot be found. Salvation. There's just no "bad news" in the good news. Even when christians say..."don't worry about anything except the fate of your soul" As if Jesus is sent to add more worry to everything that is already on the edge of its seat. Wound tighter than a drum head.

But yeah, and again, I can fault no man for seeing thus...there is a singular need of attention, or need of singular attention. I just had to be (and must continually be) won to that, and it is only in the flagging, I even begin to sense worry so that I dare not despise any "Beware of being lost" injunctions, because they redirect me to where this is not possible. God isn't "losing track". An eye inescapable...upon me in mercy.
And upon you, no less.

Look, God didn't suddenly go blind in the garden. "Where are you?" is not to show God's sudden loss of awareness and knowledge of all. Wouldn't that be a ludicrous thing for a man's motive in writing of "the God who knows all"? Do you really think a man trying to "trick" others into believing there's a God who knows all...would pretty early "in the story" suddenly have that God appear...clueless as to a man's location? (but none of this is the why of "why I believe" as though I have suddenly come to some claim "look, the scribe was too clever to not lay out a good story...it must be true!" The scribe may indeed have been a liar...but the hand he was in...) Oh, wait, am I making a case for God having hands?

Yes, you can take the view (if one cares to) I have no right to infer anything. See anything. I have no right to see it as a telling instead of a God in willingness of search...in willingness of "looking for" what has by treachery made itself lost to Him. I have no right to see it as God's asking, not because of blindness, but because of sight...and that being said to a thing now in dying of, dying to sight...to awake and consider to itself "yes, where am I?" I am just Adam who has heard differently is all, after wending all my way through the darkness I have been told I would know in disobedience. In believing (to a hiding) "God is after you now because you know you need a walloping". You know..."what you did". Caught! Knowing a presence I once was "at home with" is now the very presence to my perverted mind (in understanding)...that now speaks only of doom. No home. No place. No seeming way "back".

Yes, I must agree. I deserve death. The judgment is all and only what is right and just for treachery. But God! How can I admit that without accepting that as the truth I must then, by admission, enter? Is that it? Is this it, God? I was made for you to kill? You knew! You knew! It's not fair...but God Oh God, I cannot deny...it is right. I can no longer deny it is right!

Do you remember Paul saying this?

Once I was alive apart from the law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died.

Something had to die by commandment in which sin took advantage to that death. Something of dust was under commandment to change to something dust could never attain, and even in that sin was allowed to be grist for that mill...resistance to that change that dust can only know as death to itself. Disobedience worked all it had to...as only a foil, a mere backdrop for what is to be displayed in all obedience to its eclipse...Jesus Christ.

I cannot explain how protestation against all that seems "unfair"...and I mean as strenuously against; as in your face against, as down to the root against...as all opposition that might be summoned by reason against what appears unfair, not right, not good, not...love....works.

I can only say that God is waiting to show the most unfair thing a man may ever perceive, cannot reason to, cannot make up in his imaginations, cannot ever "expect" to show up in his hiding place...mercy. And all because, and only, it's His pleasure to do so.

Surprise kids! I'm home! (I never left you!)

Yes, Jesus Christ has come in the flesh. His appearing does all it must to dust. Because of His obedience to allow to "his dust" what He suffered (allowed God) in the doing of His doing...with dust.

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of **** and of death.

Last edited:

atlashunter

Saying “what a crock” is easy. Demonstrating it is another matter.

atlashunter

There is no way I can budge you, nor would care to...(only after learning of the direness of futility) that I am not a member of "christianity". Hey...I couldn't even get myself to see that, anymore than I could make myself discover a peculiar film over a mind that once was very inclined to think of "Jesus Christ as the founder of christianity"

Christianity is what men have done with Jesus Christ. I can't fault any man, I myself was no less once persuaded to it. I was not "allowed" to stay there. And surely there was a time I even thought it almost a blasphemy to think in any other manner. To be even more blunt, but with no hope of stumbling to any who may read, I am not at all convinced my Father Himself "sees" me as a christian. Anymore than He sees Jesus Christ thus.

This knowing of faith has brought me no less into conflict with what calls itself "of christianity" than the little bit of resistance I encounter anywhere else. Upstairs, downstairs...makes no difference...except I will say this...no professing atheist (as opposed to professing christian) has ever called the cops on me to an incarceration. (Now if that sounds like a bitterness or sour grapes I cannot help with anything about which it may sound. I had lessons to learn. They had "work" to do...in "the name of the Lord". I had much to learn about love. Still do.) None (atheists) have predicted my soon coming doom. But, I dare not scoff at that, God forbid, my wrongness in certain matters surely merits no less.

It's just really "who" gets to say it. One may say it because they really enjoy it, the speaking of doom to another with which they do not agree and can find no resolution. But...there's also a mouth that will soon speak "yer done" against which I have no appeal or means of escape...my only plea there is that may it be "done" as in the way a chef announces, not as an enemy with me in crosshairs.

But...that is also entirely out of my hands...and it's sufficiently joyous to me now how "do not worry, do not fret" lays out a path through all worry, fret and doubt to its exposure as vain things. I am convinced there is only one thing ever found or given in which worry cannot be found. Salvation. There's just no "bad news" in the good news. Even when christians say..."don't worry about anything except the fate of your soul" As if Jesus is sent to add more worry to everything that is already on the edge of its seat. Wound tighter than a drum head.

But yeah, and again, I can fault no man for seeing thus...there is a singular need of attention, or need of singular attention. I just had to be (and must continually be) won to that, and it is only in the flagging, I even begin to sense worry so that I dare not despise any "Beware of being lost" injunctions, because they redirect me to where this is not possible. God isn't "losing track". An eye inescapable...upon me in mercy.
And upon you, no less.

Look, God didn't suddenly go blind in the garden. "Where are you?" is not to show God's sudden loss of awareness and knowledge of all. Wouldn't that be a ludicrous thing for a man's motive in writing of "the God who knows all"? Do you really think a man trying to "trick" others into believing there's a God who knows all...would pretty early "in the story" suddenly have that God appear...clueless as to a man's location? (but none of this is the why of "why I believe" as though I have suddenly come to some claim "look, the scribe was too clever to not lay out a good story...it must be true!" The scribe may indeed have been a liar...but the hand he was in...) Oh, wait, am I making a case for God having hands?

Yes, you can take the view (if one cares to) I have no right to infer anything. See anything. I have no right to see it as a telling instead of a God in willingness of search...in willingness of "looking for" what has by treachery made itself lost to Him. I have no right to see it as God's asking, not because of blindness, but because of sight...and that being said to a thing now in dying of, dying to sight...to awake and consider to itself "yes, where am I?" I am just Adam who has heard differently is all, after wending all my way through the darkness I have been told I would know in disobedience. In believing (to a hiding) "God is after you now because you know you need a walloping". You know..."what you did". Caught! Knowing a presence I once was "at home with" is now the very presence to my perverted mind (in understanding)...that now speaks only of doom. No home. No place. No seeming way "back".

Yes, I must agree. I deserve death. The judgment is all and only what is right and just for treachery. But God! How can I admit that without accepting that as the truth I must then, by admission, enter? Is that it? Is this it, God? I was made for you to kill? You knew! You knew! It's not fair...but God Oh God, I cannot deny...it is right. I can no longer deny it is right!

I cannot explain how protestation against all that seems "unfair"...and I mean as strenuously against; as in your face against, as down to the root against...as all opposition that might be summoned by reason against what appears unfair, not right, not good, not...love....works.

I can only say that God is waiting to show the most unfair thing a man may ever perceive, cannot reason to, cannot make up in his imaginations, cannot ever "expect" to show up in his hiding place...mercy. And all because, and only, it's His pleasure to do so.

Surprise kids! I'm home!

Yes, Jesus Christ has come in the flesh.

Yep, hanging out on Jo Dee Messina’s porch last we heard.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

And upon you, no less.

Surprise kids! I'm home!

When God says "Where are You
?" What does it show?

atlashunter

And upon you, no less.

Do you remember Paul saying this?

Once I was alive apart from the law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died.

Something had to die by commandment in which sin took advantage to that death. Something of dust was under commandment to change to something dust could never attain, and even in that sin was allowed to be grist for that mill...resistance to that change that dust can only know as death to itself. Disobedience worked all it had to...as only a foil, a mere backdrop for what is to be displayed in all obedience to its eclipse...Jesus Christ.

Surprise kids! I'm home!

What a naughty boy you’ve been. And yet so penitent. Color me impressed.