Are you CONVINCIBLE ?

StriperAddict

This post is credited to my friend Dan Camp, who speaks truth better then I do many times!
====================

Are you CONVINCIBLE that Christ Jesus is your very Life?

Yesterday my old friend had a birthday. Do you imagine that her gifts and dining out with cake and ice cream were intended to convince her of the fact? Of course, not. They were in celebration of the actual day of her birth, thirty-nine years ago, again. Smile! She has received more Birthday Greetings than Carter has little liver pills. Were the kind messages supposed to convince her to accept some strange new reality? How silly!
When we were "born from Above," as Jesus called it, we were born into Him, and He was born into us. The New Creation birth by definition is His Life, very convincingly joined as one with our New Life, which is Christ in us.
During our glorious warm Spring Break in the South we have heard several dear folks utter a very personal, "My Goodness," or "My Stars!" Don't you just LOVE Southerners!

Now, convincing us that Jesus is our goodness, our righteousness, our peace, our love, and all our "stars," is a no-brainer. But, it occurs to me that what requires continuous convincing is that it is so because we presently have all of Christ - nothing lacking - in us. When we waver about this fundamental biblical truth about His Life and Grace, we step into murky waters.

Dear one, we have Christ by Grace. We did not earn Him, and we never do. He was not parceled out to us. He was not a bunch of puzzle pieces for us to assemble. Parts of His Life in us were not back-ordered until we reach our Home in Heaven.

You can celebrate today and everyday. You have all of Jesus all the time. Let Him convince you, for good. Settle the fact in your mind. You might wish to be Captain America or Cinderella for an hour, but your identity is fixed. And Christ was fixed in you. You are not Him, but most assuredly He is your Life! Celebrate! Praise Father! Give thanks! What a truth! What a reality! Thank You, Lord Jesus! You are the Eternal Life, the Bread, the Resurrection.

Today and every minute of every day You are my Life!

welderguy

This post is credited to my friend Dan Camp, who speaks truth better then I do many times!
====================

Are you CONVINCIBLE that Christ Jesus is your very Life?

Yesterday my old friend had a birthday. Do you imagine that her gifts and dining out with cake and ice cream were intended to convince her of the fact? Of course, not. They were in celebration of the actual day of her birth, thirty-nine years ago, again. Smile! She has received more Birthday Greetings than Carter has little liver pills. Were the kind messages supposed to convince her to accept some strange new reality? How silly!
When we were "born from Above," as Jesus called it, we were born into Him, and He was born into us. The New Creation birth by definition is His Life, very convincingly joined as one with our New Life, which is Christ in us.
During our glorious warm Spring Break in the South we have heard several dear folks utter a very personal, "My Goodness," or "My Stars!" Don't you just LOVE Southerners!

Now, convincing us that Jesus is our goodness, our righteousness, our peace, our love, and all our "stars," is a no-brainer. But, it occurs to me that what requires continuous convincing is that it is so because we presently have all of Christ - nothing lacking - in us. When we waver about this fundamental biblical truth about His Life and Grace, we step into murky waters.

Dear one, we have Christ by Grace. We did not earn Him, and we never do. He was not parceled out to us. He was not a bunch of puzzle pieces for us to assemble. Parts of His Life in us were not back-ordered until we reach our Home in Heaven.

You can celebrate today and everyday. You have all of Jesus all the time. Let Him convince you, for good. Settle the fact in your mind. You might wish to be Captain America or Cinderella for an hour, but your identity is fixed. And Christ was fixed in you. You are not Him, but most assuredly He is your Life! Celebrate! Praise Father! Give thanks! What a truth! What a reality! Thank You, Lord Jesus! You are the Eternal Life, the Bread, the Resurrection.

Today and every minute of every day You are my Life!

"Let Him convince you"....

....Does Jesus need us to "let" Him do anything? Certainly not. He's sovereign over all creation. He does ALL His Father's will, and none can stay His hand.

gordon 2

We have all of Christ in us? God is finite? His rain on us Southerners is always on the good? So perhaps my perspectives now are out of context?

Why is the preaching of grace so important to Southerners.?

Last edited:

hobbs27

We have all of Christ in us? God is finite? His rain on us Southerners is always on the good? So perhaps my perspectives now are out of context?

Why is the preaching of grace so important to Southerners.?

Cause, Lord..We need it so bad!

StriperAddict

Having everything for life and Godliness is not "enough?" ?

Yes, growth is constant in life, but on the order of knowing love and grace. A better point perhaps ...

Ephesians 3:17-19, Paul prays for believers to have POWER to comprehend this truth.

I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Sounds like our minds need renewal while our very person, aka the New Creation in Christ, is settled in the rest of a finished work.

Israel

BANNED
Having everything for life and Godliness is not "enough?" ?

Yes, growth is constant in life, but on the order of knowing love and grace. A better point perhaps ...

Ephesians 3:17-19, Paul prays for believers to have POWER to comprehend this truth.

I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Sounds like our minds need renewal while our very person, aka the New Creation in Christ, is settled in the rest of a finished work.

That>>>>>
Sounds like our minds need renewal

and perhaps especially if we have any inclination to answering this question with "yes"...
His rain on us Southerners is always on the good?

With the perhaps perfectly excluded if we imagine to ourselves any of us are "the good".

Southerners: A people conquered of any false hope of securing their own independence; any and all previous plans of personally achieving glory made now manifestly waste in their sight...such a people have great interest in the terms of peace. For they have nothing else.

Joined in Union all, the Victor and His captives.