Armadillos eat turkey eggs?

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
What's up Y'all!!??

So the prez on our lease is hintin around for all us club members to shoot all the armidillo. He claims they eat quail eggs....and he's our only quail hunter.
Non of us have killed any, I just don't want to. really nobody else cares to either.
So now our prez is claimin the armadillo eats turkey eggs!!

Any y'all ever heard this? Any truth to it?

I'm not believing it. I think he just wants to spark us to shoot them.
BUT........I just don't know....I've got NO idea...I just don't believe it.

Have a great Christmas y'all!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I personally don`t believe they eat enough eggs to make a difference. If they did, there wouldn`t be a turkey or quail in Florida or Texas. Or around here either.

Mudfeather

They are a invasive species that doesn't belong here...I dont understand why not to get rid of them...I eliminate every one I can..I use truck, arrow, gun, pitchfork, ..I even killed one with a bush ax..

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
They are a invasive species that doesn't belong here...I dont understand why not to get rid of them...I eliminate every one I can..I use truck, arrow, gun, pitchfork, ..I even killed one with a bush ax..

:rofl: I bout spit out a mouthfull of eggroll and sweet n sour sauce when I read truck!!!

I hear ya! I mean I ain't got no problems against killin em... I just never cared!
I thought they ate ants, and could actually be helpful!
I guess I learned somthin, THANKS AGAIN TO GON MEMBERS!!!!!!!
I wanna buffalo strip and pot pie every turkey legally possible so I'm gonna have more discussion input at camp this weekend.

oops1

Buzzard Expert
:rofl: I bout spit out a mouthfull of eggroll and sweet n sour sauce when I read truck!!!

I hear ya! I mean I ain't got no problems against killin em... I just never cared!
I thought they ate ants, and could actually be helpful!
I guess I learned somthin, THANKS AGAIN TO GON MEMBERS!!!!!!!
I wanna buffalo strip and pot pie every turkey legally possible so I'm gonna have more discussion input at camp this weekend.

I bout knocked the alignment out on my wife's car on one.. I ain't runnin em over on purpose

DRBugman85

:shoot::shoot::shoot:Any way possible gun bow truck 4 wheeler stick kill them all they don't even taste good.Iv seen the critter grow in numbers for 57 years of stomping in the woods and kill every one I can . I've seen minks coons coyotes hogs and snakes ruin turkey and quail nesting don't know about a Dilla but lt dies any way.

Baracus

Anything that comes across a nest with eggs in it is going to eat them. So yes. Plus they make alot of noise when your deer hunting. Shoot them.