Armed teachers become a reality in Georgia

transfixer

^^^^^^^^ Very well said !

But unfortunately yourself and the welding instructor would not be the norm in most school systems, especially in those around the metro areas .

Lilly001

Concealed carry people are some of the most law abiding in our country. They, as a class, are not a problem. When CCW permits are issued in an area crime goes down.
Gun free zones are, time after time, shown to be open hunting areas for bad guys.
A bad guy with a gun is often thwarted by a good guy confronting them. Armed or not.
Most school shooters have no training and are likely to be thwarted by the first person who confronts them in an aggressive manner.
So why don't we want teachers to be armed?
Even minimal training in function and application of force would be sufficient.
But the effect would probaly not be measurable because the threat is so insignificant. And because the threat is so small the accidents and poor choices will probaly be as high as the good done.
It's just another problem created by our overzealist press and their ability to sensationalize any issue.:flag:

pdsniper

yotedawg thank you for that very well said and exactly what I have been trying to get across, I have been on a SWAT team for 28 years and it's not about just being able to shoot good its also all about tactics and lot and lots of training, I'm glad you got what I have been trying to say and you are the very type teacher I would like to see carrying a gun and yes your right your kind a few are far between
I wish there were more like you the liberalism that teachers and College professors and passing on to these young minds now a days is sickening

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
yotedawg thank you for that very well said and exactly what I have been trying to get across, I have been on a SWAT team for 28 years and it's not about just being able to shoot good its also all about tactics and lot and lots of training, I'm glad you got what I have been trying to say and you are the very type teacher I would like to see carrying a gun and yes your right your kind a few are far between
I wish there were more like you the liberalism that teachers and College professors and passing on to these young minds now a days is sickening

You do realize that if the general populous was armed there would be very little need for SWAT on most LEO Agencies, right? :pop:

ryanh487

You do realize that if the general populous was armed there would be very little need for SWAT on most LEO Agencies, right? :pop:

There's already very little need for SWAT.

If more californians owned AR15s at the time of the north hollywood shootout SWAT wouldn't even exist.

pdsniper

if that was true there would be no need for special forces in the military and that will never happen, in some cases an armed citizen mage citizen that never been in the military or former Law Enforcement would not stand a chance yes there are people that are avid shooters and shooting competitors like my close friend Jessie Harrison that would really shine in a gun fight but they are not average citizens, I have no problem with any one thats mentally incompetent carrying a gun, I encourage it but I also very much encourage going to the range and learning how to use it, back in the day when the constitution was written most people had guns they had to have them to get food and survive today its a lot different environment ay be able to handle some situations but in dealing with terrorist and a lot of gang members and drug cartel you would not stand a chance because of the training they are now doing, there are a lot of citizens out there that are former military with combat experience that would do great dealing with that kind of element but the aver

Last edited:

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
if that was true there would be no need for special forces in the military and that will never happen, in some cases an armed citizen may be able to handle some situations but in dealing with terrorist and a lot of gang members and drug cartel you would not stand a chance because of the training they are now doing

You grossly overestimate the value of your position and grossly underestimate the power of an armed citizenry.

Jester896

Senior Clown
if that was true there would be no need for special forces in the military and that will never happen, in some cases an armed citizen may be able to handle some situations but in dealing with terrorist and a lot of gang members and drug cartel you would not stand a chance because of the training they are now doing

most of them think since they are armed they are invincible. Most of them would use concealment for cover. Most of them can't move and shoot, all they practice is punching paper accurately. They do not practice stress management. Most of them would get shot entering a room. Most of them would hit the hostage instead of the intruder.....but hey...simply exercising their rights is enough.

pdsniper

yes there are people that are avid shooters and shooting competitors like my close friend Jessie Harrison that would really shine in a gun fight but they are not average citizens, I have no problem with any one thats mentally competent carrying a gun, I encourage it but I also very much encourage going to the range and learning how to use it, back in the day when the constitution was written most people had guns they had to have them to get food and survive today its a lot different environment, and like jester said shooting paper is one thing but shooting at something that can and will shoot back is a whole different thing and the level of stress is very high, I have seen regular patrol officers fold in high stress shooting situations thats why we have SWAT just like the regular military has special forces, I am not your enemy here this country has never been invaded because of all the armed citizens, in WWII the Japanese contemplated invading us and I think it was Yamamoto that said if you do there will be a rifle behind every blade of grass

Last edited:

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
most of them think since they are armed they are invincible. Most of them would use concealment for cover. Most of them can't move and shoot, all they practice is punching paper accurately. They do not practice stress management. Most of them would get shot entering a room. Most of them would hit the hostage instead of the intruder.....but hey...simply exercising their rights is enough.

yes there are people that are avid shooters and shooting competitors like my close friend Jessie Harrison that would really shine in a gun fight but they are not average citizens, I have no problem with any one thats mentally incompetent carrying a gun, I encourage it but I also very much encourage going to the range and learning how to use it, back in the day when the constitution was written most people had guns they had to have them to get food and survive today its a lot different environment ay be able to handle some situations but in dealing with terrorist and a lot of gang members and drug cartel you would not stand a chance because of the training they are now doing, there are a lot of citizens out there that are former military with combat experience that would do great dealing with that kind of element but the aver

You boys are still thinking and responding in single citizen terms.

I clearly stated from the beginning "an Armed Citizenry".

That has definitively different implications as to the short sited training scenarios you are referencing.

I know it's a stretch, but think outside of the box. Imagine one bad guy pulling a gun and thirty citizens around him pulling theirs in response.

The 2nd Amendment was written for multiple reasons, none of them had anything to do with SWAT, LEO's or SpecOps.

You can pose it however you wish, but the fact remains; "An armed society is a polite society" ~ Robert A. Heinlein.
Mr. Heinlein was no stranger to good guys vs bad guys and I'm sure that his 4 years at the USN Academy gave him adequate insight as to the difference in individual training and response vs mass threat reduction via a demanding hostile environment intent on keeping the peace.

pdsniper

very familiar with those words of wisdom Ben Franklin first said it and I'm also very Familiar with the Navy as well spent 6 years working with SEAL team 2 in little creek VA
and what your talking about has already happened in Texas with Stephen Willeford and Johnnie Langendorff,Willeford who was an NRA shooting instructor
confronted and killed the dirt bag that shot all those people in that small church in Texas and kept him from killing others , perfect example of what your talking about and also a perfect example of what I have been talking about as well, being well trained

transfixer

There seems to be a few on here who have a chip on their shoulder towards LE ?

The real world truth is the average armed citizen can be an asset against your average thug or criminal, and that may be all that is needed ? because your average street criminal has little to no training with a firearm anyway.

But change the story to someone who has taken a hostage, and maybe they have served in the military in a combat role, maybe they have some mental issues ? Maybe they are wacked out on some illicit substance? and their actions are extremely erratic ? That is where highly trained SWAT members are necessary. If someone has taken your wife or daughter hostage and is holding a gun to their head , do you really want average Joe with a gun permit to intervene ?

Your average citizen, CCW permit and armed or not, does not have an aggressive mindset, most people are simply non-confrontational, especially when it comes to violence, most cannot even adequately defend themselves in a fist fight ! Its simply not something they practice or prepare for, or have any past experience with, same thing with a gun fight, world of difference between shooting at targets and shooting at something that shoots back !

As far as thinking outside the box, the odds of finding 30 armed citizens in one spot against a bad guy with a gun is virtually impossible, unless the bad guy is trying to rob a gun range, I would be willing to bet in most public places outside the city, you won't find more than two or three people actually carrying, and you'd be lucky if one of them is actually proficient with their firearm.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
As far as thinking outside the box, the odds of finding 30 armed citizens in one spot against a bad guy with a gun is virtually impossible,

Again, I proposed a complete armed citizenry as the 2nd amendment allows vs what many on here want to restrict contrary to the 2nd amendment.

I am truly sorry you folks can't see the crux of what I am saying and choose instead to relegate our future to cowering behind the fear created and propagated by man and restrictive legislation that creates these scenario's.

Now you are interpreting my suggestions as animosity towards LE?

More government has never solved anything.

I'm done here, you are constrained by your own lack of understanding of what could be, if government would just get out of the way.

brownceluse

Again, I proposed a complete armed citizenry as the 2nd amendment allows vs what many on here want to restrict contrary to the 2nd amendment.

I am truly sorry you folks can't see the crux of what I am saying and choose instead to relegate our future to cowering behind the fear created and propagated by man and restrictive legislation that creates these scenario's.

I'm done here, you are constrained by your own lack of understanding of what could be, if government would just get out of the way.

You summed it up perfectly in one sentence. More government never solved anything! The fact that so called conservatives cave to that in any way baffles me. I’d rather have a 100 pound shaky handed 30 year old teacher that’s has 38 in her purse teaching my kids than 200 pound mma fighter. She’s got a chance to protect my kids he’s got nothing.

transfixer

I am not a fan of government, or government intrusion in our lives, but the simple fact is some rules or laws are necessary for a civilized society ,,,

Now the opposite of that is Anarchy ,,, which is absolutely fine with me ! in an Anarchy situation only the strongest and most aggressive will survive ,,, I would have no problem with that,, as I will be one of the ones surviving,,,

But realistically you have to have some rules and regulations, as I've said before, I am not against the second amendment, but if every crazy person out there starts carrying guns, then we're gonna have to shoot some people who were simply exercising their 2nd amendment rights !

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, my ex-sister in law bought a gun and started carrying it in her purse, she was a former teacher who went into private practice for herself, with her demeanor and mindset, she is more likely to shoot herself than to actually use the firearm to defend herself, I was told she finally realized that and gave the revolver to her son. Some people never realize they aren't equipped to handle deadly weapons.

pdsniper

I am also totally against big Government, I think the locals can do a great job all on there own they have proved it over and over again and I see it all the time doing Search & Rescue during floods, things always go great as long as the feds let us do our jobs just let them handle supply and logistics and lets us handle the rest on a global scale I'm totally fine with the feds handling that and if you don;t already know we have had another school shooting in Texas, I sure wish some of these armed citizens would have been around for that one to at least slow the shooter down and keep him out of the school until Swat got there to finish the job if the citizens had not all ready done so which would have been totally fine with me, if this keeps up the only people that are going to have guns are the very ones we are trying to stop because they don't care what the law is anyway

Last edited:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
the 2nd amendment is all about protecting others, its also about protecting yourself. Is the 2nd absolute or not?

How absolute is absolute?

Last edited:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
When seconds count, the SWAT team is only minutes away.

:pop:

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
even in the Wild West there were Sheriffs that wouldn't let you carry side arms in town...it is nothing new really...stay outta town ;)

The original gun free zone.Wonder how many citizens were killed or injured before the sheriff could kill all the bad guys?