Arrowheads

Nicodemus

FREELANCE ADMINISTRATOR
Sixes, top pic, bottom, far left, that`s a Cumberland, and a sho-nuff nice one at that!!! Could you lay it in your hand, take a pic and post it for us? Is it a north Georgia find?

Nicodemus

FREELANCE ADMINISTRATOR
And while I`m botherin` you, second pic, far right, the white and black point made from Ridge and Valley Chert, could you take a pic of it also?

Magnificent collection!! :cheers:

Handgunner

Awesome collection, Tim!!!

Those come from around the lake?

Thread starter #5

Sixes

Yep, found most of them in NGA. I`m at work right now, but will send you some pics in the next couple of days.

I`ve always thought it was a small cumberland, but wasn`t sure. You can`t tell from the bad picture, but in pic#1 in the very back in the middle is a broken possible Clovis.

Nic, since you seem so knowledgeable, what do you think of the bottom pic in the middle (white quartz), I`ve always thought it was a Paleo tool as it was found within a couple of inches of the possible Clovis.

The neatest part is that most of these points and the pendant were found on the same site, which is primarily an early archaic site, but seems to have things from every era.
I won`t say the location, but its a large site that stretches about 500 yards on both sides of a river. I also have half of a soapstone plate and one hesck of a rock gamestone(pic 3 on the far left).

One of my best quartz points in pic 4 on the right with the concave side, looks exactly like a curved knife. The drill in the first pic is also one of my faves, and it was found on the same site.

Nicodemus

FREELANCE ADMINISTRATOR
Sixes, I can`t tell from the pic whether it is quartz or chert, but that is a prismatic knife blade and it is more than likely Paleo. Looks like you have a multi-cultural site there, and a fine one at that!. Nice Daltons you have there too along with the paddle drill. I sent you a PM.

Thread starter #7

Sixes

I`ll get some pics of some of my frames that I have put together, they are mostly quartz, but are as fine of quality as a lot flint points. The campsite has the best quartz working that I have ver saw, with alot of them so identical that they had to be made by the same hands. I don`t know if you can tellit, but the pottery checker (gamestone) has a hole drilled through the middle.

Thanks for your comments

Son

arrowheads

Need to move out of those riker frames, into some wood. The better frames will hold your points more secure.
I see some nice points there, especially the quartz ones. Some look strange for your area. Do your attend any of the shows held by CSAS in N. Ga., Al, or Tn?