As usual a Sinclair complaint

I am sick:rofl: But it has become a hobby of sorts. I am actually trying to win yard of the month out of 500 houses :crazy:
It does consume me to a bad degree at times when I cant stop trying to achieve perfection and end up out in the street pressure washing stains from a leaky garbage truck:rofl:
Directions to my house end with "pull in where the county curb has been cleaned":rofl:
::ke: Yep, you have it wayyyy worse than I thought!! :bounce:

Thread starter #25

sinclair1

Were you able to find the info?
If not I will update you by the weekend
I could use the info if it is a larger disposable bag that the garbage man will pick up and I don't have to empty:banana: I have some large nylon bags for grass but they cost too much to leave at the curb and I just use them when I have a place to dump the debris.

I am currently making a mess with the bags you buy at lowes and are too small :smash:

I would also be interested in some king of heavy duty device that the bag fits in like a chute where I could use the small bags.

I sure miss my other place where I could just take it behind the shed :smash:

Here's an idea. Try to find a trashcan that is small enough on the bottom to fit into your yard waste bags but big enough on top to dump your grass catcher bag into and cut the bottom out of the trash can. Then, stand your yard waste bag up, put the bottomless trash can into the bag, dump the clippings, and remove the trash can. Here's where I got the idea.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Bag-Leaves-the-Easy-Way/

If you can't find a trash can the perfect size, have you thought about building yourself a chute out of 1/4" plywood?

Thread starter #28

sinclair1

Here's an idea. Try to find a trashcan that is small enough on the bottom to fit into your yard waste bags but big enough on top to dump your grass catcher bag into and cut the bottom out of the trash can. Then, stand your yard waste bag up, put the bottomless trash can into the bag, dump the clippings, and remove the trash can. Here's where I got the idea.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Bag-Leaves-the-Easy-Way/

If you can't find a trash can the perfect size, have you thought about building yourself a chute out of 1/4" plywood?
I am going to build a chute, I have a friend who owns a metal shop. I will look into a off the shelf can that will fit in the paper bags too.

I started the thread to complain why they would make bags that are too small for every ones mower chute. that is just stupid, if they would just make them bigger I wouldn't need to make anything. If my stupid garbage company would take the plastic I would be set too.

Thanks for the link :cool: Lots of folks on there are as messed up as me:rofl:

I cant live in the country although I like it at the lake in Hancock county. I get some twitches passing the two houses on lake laurel that still have Christmas lights up.:flag: Plus I would have to wash my vehicles every day for all the dirt roads.:rofl:
My dad was an Iowa farmer...go figure
Are you the one that keeps knocking over my lighted deer? If so, you should know I deal with a traumatized 2 y.o. over it every morning.

Empty the grass clippings on the tailate of your truck with the tailgate down. Drive down the road. Problem solved.Works best if you have an open sliding rear window on the truck.

Would you consider washing your lawnmower after cutting the lawn a sickness.
Or waxing your tractor after plowing the garden.
Putting armorall on the tractor tires.

TurkeyH90

I cant live in the country although I like it at the lake in Hancock county. I get some twitches passing the two houses on lake laurel that still have Christmas lights up.:flag: Plus I would have to wash my vehicles every day for all the dirt roads.:rofl:
My dad was an Iowa farmer...go figure
Man, you got it bad. Must be a golfer. All the golfers in my office are obsessed with their yard. My heart goes out to them. I want to take them fishing so they will realize yard work sux. Somebody said you could tell how good a fisherman was by the sorry state of his yard... I just got 5 acres of weeds and the bream beds wont wait!!!

rydert

Blue Heeler man
Empty the grass clippings on the tailate of your truck with the tailgate down. Drive down the road. Problem solved.Works best if you have an open sliding rear window on the truck.
Empty the grass clippings on the tailgate of your truck with the tailgate down. Drive down the road. Problem solved.Works best if you have an open sliding rear window on the truck.
you can say that again.........................::ke:

:bounce::bounce:

ky55

Get the mulching blades for your mower.
They pulverize my dandelions and crabgrass.

I sprinkle some dense grade gravel over the high spots that always get scalped, and it sharpens the blades every time I run over them.

I've always been a stickler for excellent yard maintenance.

cramer

Sorry it took so long to get back to you -

The first rule of MPMRGCBC is:

We don't talk about the Mamby Pamby Monogrammed Reuseable Grass Clippin Bag Club!;)

It's true - just look at Nic & Jeff C's posts and read between the lines:D

cramer

I'm afeerd they's gonna kick me outta the club -or I'm gonna git thrashed about the back of my legs with a cane pole now -
But what are friends for:cheers:

cramer

I hope you didn't go with the goat direction -
I heard a report of a man who got a couple of goats to do the yard work, bbq'd the goats for the weekend and got kicked outta PETA
All I could think of was Sinclair and them Costas
::ke:

Thread starter #40

sinclair1

I hope you didn't go with the goat direction -
I heard a report of a man who got a couple of goats to do the yard work, bbq'd the goats for the weekend and got kicked outta PETA
All I could think of was Sinclair and them Costas
::ke:
:smash:I have been out of town and when I went to put the yard bags out this morning the grass stayed on the garage floor. I need stronger bags that wont get soggy now:rofl: