Ask the GA DNR Board not to expand the shooting of deer over bait in Georgia.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
If it was here u would know it.
CORN is not the disease.
There natural habits would transfer it.
Case closed.

deast1988

Lots of hypotheticals, goin on. South ga isn't complaining about what folks are choosing to feed the deer. This forum is hunters helping hunters. Shouldn't be folks whining and complaining about who has the most corn out. I'm in a club in Putnam, not a southern zone county. I killed a deer last fall slam full of corn. Looked healthy to me no signs of some diseases folks worried about. But hey somebody put it out, and I still got a deer that wasn't on a corn pile. Folks think if neighbors bait there goes the neighborhood I won't see a single deer. I like to check what they have been eating. And more times then not December deer have corn in them. And being in large pine property's I doubt they traveled miles to feed on some corn somebody else put out. But it's northern zine and folks scared the neighbors going to out do them. I want it to pass so these petty arguments will pass. For the folks really against it I hope your neighbors a millionaire and feeds them premium stuff so you'll see the bucks explode size wise and the does get huge.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Browning Slayer,

The answer is "yes. Have to tackle one challenge at a time. Next is supplemental feeding and the baiting of hogs. There has been no significant data provided by any agency to prove the baiting of hogs controls or reduces problematic populations . If that was the case, Georgia would have the problem solved by now. There is no sound biological data to allow it to go on any longer. Baiting and supplemental feeding cause ecological issues and harms rather than helps numerous species of wildlife. There have been many scientific studies to prove that. Furthermore, both practices supplemental feeding and baiting cause significant harm to forest ecosystems. But being the outdoorsman you are..... you already know that.
Link please. I didn't realize my baiting was harming the ecosystem. I need to be informed

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Link please. I didn't realize my baiting was harming the ecosystem. I need to be informed
Corn causes deer flatulence which in turn contributes to global warming. This is the real definition of the acronym CWD. Corn Warming Disaster, but they just don't want to tell us that because we have become immune to their global warming jibberish. :pop::pop::pop:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Corn causes deer flatulence which in turn contributes to global warming. This is the real definition of the acronym CWD. Corn Warming Disaster, but they just don't want to tell us that because we have become immune to their global warming jibberish. :pop::pop::pop:
I did notice my gun barrel being Very warm when hunting corn piles. There maybe more to this than Han meets the eye.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
The issue is not baiting. The issue is how far from any bait you have to be.
The issue absolutely is baiting, which directly marries to supplemental feeding, which hangs on CWD which is why they are presenting it this way. It is good for the Southern Zone or it isn't. If it is, then it is good for all of the state. If CWD (a red herring) is the real concern then supplemental feeding, whether it's baiting for hunting or grandma feeding bambi in her back yard, should be illegal state wide. You can't have one causing a problem without the other doing it as well.

This is why I am adamant that this issue is a Red Herring. It is only being addressed in the realms of "hunting" and not a state wide law against feeding deer of any kind by anyone anywhere. It is an assault on the big bad hunter who owns and uses those evil weapons called firearms. Some of them even use those evil black assault rifles to kill deer.

Dear God, if I didn't know better I'd swear the Anti-Gun Crowd and PETA teamed up to infiltrate the DNR and change policy with the same irrational logic they do every other thing with.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
The issue absolutely is baiting, which directly marries to supplemental feeding, which hangs on CWD which is why they are presenting it this way. It is good for the Southern Zone or it isn't. If it is, then it is good for all of the state. If CWD (a red herring) is the real concern then supplemental feeding, whether it's baiting for hunting or grandma feeding bambi in her back yard, should be illegal state wide. You can't have one causing a problem without the other doing it as well.

This is why I am adamant that this issue is a Red Herring. It is only being addressed in the realms of "hunting" and not a state wide law against feeding deer of any kind by anyone anywhere. It is an assault on the big bad hunter who owns and uses those evil weapons called firearms. Some of them even use those evil black assault rifles to kill deer.

Dear God, if I didn't know better I'd swear the Anti-Gun Crowd and PETA teamed up to infiltrate the DNR and change policy with the same irrational logic they do every other thing with.
The point I was making is the only difference in the NZ/SZ is how far you have to be from any bait.Not if you can bait or not.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
The point I was making is the only difference in the NZ/SZ is how far you have to be from any bait.Not if you can bait or not.
Correct and on the surface that is how the Camo Coalition is presenting it. But if you follow their link and dig a bit you find this paragraph.
The Executive Order also maintains Georgia has seen no evidence of impact to deer herd health or harvest numbers. It implies there is no direct link to disease transmission via baiting. The Order fails to explain that seldom does one make such findings about deer health unless one is looking for those things. DNR has specifically not looked for any linkage to deer herd health since 2011. Furthermore, research from other states show the concentration of animals in small areas such as bait stations leads to more rapid transmission of diseases such as Chronic Wasting Disease and Bovine Tuberculosis. Baiting doesn’t cause these diseases, but it certainly does facilitate the rapid spread of disease.

Either baiting / feeding of any kind is bad for the deer or it is not. Are Southern Zone deer immune to CWD? Or does allowing hunters to kill them over the bait pile drastically reduce the incidents of transmission of CWD? There is no logic in how they are presenting their case.

On the surface, if supplemental feeding of any kind is the issue, then baiting or hunting over bait should not even be a topic because it shouldn't be legal anywhere by anybody under any circumstance.

They have certainly jumped the shark on this issue and have partially showed their hand. Deer and how to hunt them aren't the issue at all and there is an ulterior motive behind all of this they certainly don't want you or I to know about.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Correct and on the surface that is how the Camo Coalition is presenting it. But if you follow their link and dig a bit you find this paragraph.

Either baiting / feeding of any kind is bad for the deer or it is not. Are Southern Zone deer immune to CWD? Or does allowing hunters to kill them over the bait pile drastically reduce the incidents of transmission of CWD? There is no logic in how they are presenting their case.

On the surface, if supplemental feeding of any kind is the issue, then baiting or hunting over bait should not even be a topic because it shouldn't be legal anywhere by anybody under any circumstance.

They have certainly jumped the shark on this issue and have partially showed their hand. Deer and how to hunt them aren't the issue at all and there is an ulterior motive behind all of this they certainly don't want you or I to know about.
I think we are agreeing on the baiting issue.
The problem is the DNR/WRD budget is control by the polititians. So it really doesn't matter what any biologists says ,either pro or con on this issue. It is who controls the polititians that will get their vote from the board.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I think we are agreeing on the baiting issue.
The problem is the DNR/WRD budget is control by the polititians. So it really doesn't matter what any biologists says ,either pro or con on this issue. It is who controls the polititians that will get their vote from the board.
So it is the Anti-Gunners and PETA in control of this issue. ;)

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I would say the insurance lobbyist also. All three will be glad when the deer are all gone.Less payout for the insurance Co.,Anti-gunners will say no need for a gun.Peta says no deer left to shoot so don't have a hunting season.

cowhornedspike

I would say the insurance lobbyist also. All three will be glad when the deer are all gone.Less payout for the insurance Co.,Anti-gunners will say no need for a gun.Peta says no deer left to shoot so don't have a hunting season.

Wow...just wow.

hunt4em

Isn’t there a sticky in the top that covers this thread??? I think it’s titled
“ today the nonsense will stop”...... please for the love of god,let it stop!!!! Y’all are worse than my kids....

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Isn’t there a sticky in the top that covers this thread??? I think it’s titled
“ today the nonsense will stop”...... please for the love of god,let it stop!!!! Y’all are worse than my kids....

That`s for the bashing of legal kills and catches. Don`t worry though, we`ve just about had a bellyful of all this nonsense. The bell is tolling.

When I cut my corn field and the corn that is on the ground and you some will be left. When I kill a deer over this field is this considered hunting over bait or not? Just a farmer that likes to hunt whether over my field or oa trail by a acorn tree.

cowhornedspike

When I cut my corn field and the corn that is on the ground and you some will be left. When I kill a deer over this field is this considered hunting over bait or not? Just a farmer that likes to hunt whether over my field or oa trail by a acorn tree.

Legally that would not be considered baiting.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Why would anyone want to shut the baiting threads down, about the only thing going on around here !