Assistance on this weekends wind forecast

We've been fortunate to have light to no wind every time we've been out this year. Was planning on doing some inshore fishing on Saturday and Sunday. The winds are forecast to be 10-12 out of the west to northwest. At what point does the wind start causing issues? I know thats a loaded question?

Sharkfighter

Waters from Savannah GA to Altamaha Sound GA out 20 NM, including
Grays Reef National Marine Sanctuary-
602 AM EDT Thu Oct 25 2018

SAT
W winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.

SAT NIGHT
W winds 15 kt with gusts to 20 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.

SUN
W winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 2 ft.

Sunday looks better but it depends on your boat and where you are headed. I would go with that forecast but I mostly fish off shore

Cumberlandjg

I always plan my trip based on the wind. If its a west wind just plan your spots based on location. Wouldn't want to fish a spot where the wind is going to be in your face making it hard to cast, or where the wind is going against the tide effecting how your cork or jig may act. You can fish fine in 10-15 mph but just don't plan on fishing areas exposed out in the open to the wind.

I always use tides4fishing.com it gives pretty accurate wind forecasts.

GeorgiaBob

Any time winds ar 20kts or less, it is likely that you will find plenty of calm water in the lee of any land formation. Winds 15kts up to 20kts will cause coastal, and inland waters to whitecap with waves to 3 feet anywhere there is a fetch (range of open water) of a mile or more. Those waves can be increased by tide conditions! Under 15kts, just watch out for obvious surf, long period ocean waves, or tidal issues.

Guys, I really appreciate the information. I will follow the advice. But i will say, the old adage of "if you have to ask if you shouldn't do it"; kept running through my mind.

I'll post how the trip went.

boatbuilder

We've been fortunate to have light to no wind every time we've been out this year. Was planning on doing some inshore fishing on Saturday and Sunday. The winds are forecast to be 10-12 out of the west to northwest. At what point does the wind start causing issues? I know thats a loaded question?

It depends on what boat you use and where you are.

20 is about my limit for inshore fishing. After that it stops being fun.

I use a small-lightweight 16’ flats boat with a 5’ beam for inshore fishing.

25 to 30 can get really scary crossing the St. Andrews or doboy sound.

oneleg

I use the Wind Alert app as my main source for fishing & protected spots. The free version gives you the forecasts needed to make decisions. I have found it to be accurate most of the time.