Athens area duck hunters

nicksavet

I am new to the Athens area but not the state. I have been duck hunting around Augusta for the last 2 years but I just relocated to Athens. I’m not looking for spots but I am looking for people to go with. If need be you can blindfold me on the way to the duck hole. I can help with whatever is needed (gas, food, coffee). Again not looking for spots just a few people around who are into duck hunting.

trophyslayer

Good freaking post! Sorry I'm not around athens or I'd help you out.

tinydaniel78

I'm in the area, if we had birds I'd be more than happy to take you

Souhternhunter17

My home town is Bogart but im down in Tifton playing baseball so i cant come home or id show you some spots. Lake Oconee and the WMAs around can offer some decent huntin if you put the work in to find areas with ducks

OILMAN

I found one spot with a few ducks not to far from Athens during the split. I'm wanting to check it out one morning, let me know if you're interested. I was scouting after spending a morning deer hunting and haven't been back to see if there are still ducks.

jawja7

We hunt around Athens a lot and Lake Oconee. Not a lot of birds this year. We just haven't seen the birds that we have in the past. Hope you have better success than us this year.

SCSlayer

I'll go with you. I live on the loop and have boat layouts decoys. If I hunt around here, it's near Augusta. Not many ducks around here but I'd be down to gp during the week. Hunt only out of state on weekends.

Send me a PM. You are welcome to come with us. I go about 3 days a week around here but the ducks are few and far between!!

Rpfducks

I'll go with you. I live on the loop and have boat layouts decoys. If I hunt around here, it's near Augusta. Not many ducks around here but I'd be down to gp during the week. Hunt only out of state on weekends.
Are you still in the Athens area

casey0802

Im in area too and hunt by myself sometimes bud ..be glad to have you send me a pm with ur num
Same here.... I work at Cat and live on New Hope. looking for a few guys to hunt with. My lab will not be ready until Dec. But willing to go without him ....

MudDucker

Staff member
Hunting around Athens has been pretty poor since about 4 years after they flooded Lake Oconee. Now prior to that, it was on like Donkey Kong with the Lake and the standing timber.

VolGrad

I'm a new duck hunter. Went on my first hunt over the holidays - 3 days on Reelfoot Lake. I'm in Bogart/Athens and would love to find someone to tag along with as well.