Athens buck from last season

Mark K

Banned
Super young, definitely could have been a 180+ inch deer at 6.5. Looks like a solid 2 year old
I’ll agree with the age, but that right side will probably never get the length or mass as the left. Have a 5-6 year old with a messed up rack on one side and we’ve been watching him since he was 3. Not every deer that reaches maturity will be a Booner. It would have been sweet to see what he did progress as through the years though.

kevan tyler

I’ll agree with the age, but that right side will probably never get the length or mass as the left. Have a 5-6 year old with a messed up rack on one side and we’ve been watching him since he was 3. Not every deer that reaches maturity will be a Booner. It would have been sweet to see what he did progress as through the years though.

He was one of those deer that showed up during the rut I didn’t have on camera, broken nose and on the side with all the points is a aftermath of being hit by a car

Mark K

Banned
That makes since.
My son killed a real nice deer this past season that had a pug nose and battle scars like crazy.

BowanaLee

I have one I’m chasing that’s under similar circumstances. Running a big creek instead of a river. Old and doesn’t live here. Mine was grown in my 1st pics of him. At least 3 but probably 4-5. He doesn’t seem to be getting much bigger. I could’ve killed him twice but just filmed him. Would’ve been my biggest buck then. I think this is our year buddy. Lets pull a tooth and send it in. ?

Hughy

Awesome beams on that buck!!!
Good luck with him Kris. Looks like they are giving us a couple more weeks at the end of the season to chase these Clarke county boys this year.

Kris87

Awesome beams on that buck!!!
Good luck with him Kris. Looks like they are giving us a couple more weeks at the end of the season to chase these Clarke county boys this year.

I'm good with it. I had a couple good bucks patterned mid January for my son but we just couldn't close the deal. January afternoons are typically really good if it's cold. Pour the corn to em! :D

SRShunter

Some bucks are a true mystery for sure. No telling where they live or how far they travel. Bottom line is they do something right cause they know how to survive. Wished they all came with a GPS you could see their travels when you finally killed them. Great buck I love a big 8!

Kris87

Some bucks are a true mystery for sure. No telling where they live or how far they travel. Bottom line is they do something right cause they know how to survive. Wished they all came with a GPS you could see their travels when you finally killed them. Great buck I love a big 8!

I like a big 8 too. Seems one of my spots produces nothing but 8's, so I was glad to see that 10 show up to give me some variety to look at this year. :)

Josh B

I had someone show me some bucks they killed by Athens today. I thought they were Midwest deer. They were massive and long tined. Good genetics over there.

Kris87

I had someone show me some bucks they killed by Athens today. I thought they were Midwest deer. They were massive and long tined. Good genetics over there.

Athens is slowly following and adopting a lot of the same regulations as the metro counties. I'm sure this won't be a popular opinion for everyone, but I'd absolutely love for it to go archery only like the metro counties. It would rival some of the bucks that come out of there just due to increased age structure.

Josh B

I don't think these bucks are being put in record books. Their club tries to shoot 140" deer and up. I saw trail cam pics and actual phone shots of 130's he called small.