Athiest sets fire to church and temple.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
It's a kind of evidence. But examine how you value the experience of a Muslim or Pananimist. You may say "There experience was real to them but it wasn't REAL". Or am I assuming too much?

Here's one way to think about being filled with the holy spirit:

https://loverev.wordpress.com/2010/07/12/the-neuroscience-of-the-holy-ghost/

I don't think you are assuming too much - based on a lot of feedback from some of Christianity the "wasn't real" is sort of misleading. I am not sure if most even consider what they are actually saying. It was and is indeed REAL for them, but it is not in the way that we know and recognize God, and not in a way that we see him operate, therefore the correct assumption should be left at it was not of God.

For the article, yea that is one way to think about it, but it reinforces what I previously said - "a good indicator that they really are clueless about this"

That is not intended to sound derogatory but I don`t know of any other way to concisely put it.

I can agree with what the writer states - "I’m not convinced that scientific models of spiritual phenomena necessarily demand an abandonment of spiritual practices…"

That being said, it should be recognized that you cannot just recreate or simulate a spiritual experience and have an honest outcome.

hummerpoo nails it with - "Do I think that he is on a path that can lead to discovery of the essential cause of anything? No, I don’t"