atn x-sight

buckmanmike

Has anyone used one of these sights. Reading up about them and they do some amazing things for the price point.
i would like some real time reviews for both day and night time use, and which model is best suited for deer hunting. thanks

ccamp200

Has anyone used one of these sights. Reading up about them and they do some amazing things for the price point.
i would like some real time reviews for both day and night time use, and which model is best suited for deer hunting. thanks

I have had one for two years. I was originally planning to use for coyotes. Like you, I was enamored with all the functions and the pricepoint. The reality is you will never use this as your primary scope. It is really heavy and clunky and awkward to use. I have QD mounts on mine and only use for night hunting. If you are only going to hunt clear, open fields with no brush or branches in your line of sight, it is good (not great) for up to 100yds. My biggest dissatisfaction is I almost never hunt fields and the IR tech is not suitable for brush at any distance. If you have one twig or vine or whatever between you and the target, the infrared lights it up and you can't see anything behind it. My 2 cents would be to save your money until you can get a decent thermal scope.

grady white

I have played with one and they are heavy and bulky ..will work for target id and the first shot as long as you are 100 yards or closer and in an open field ...after the first shot it's almost impossible to stay on target . If you can spend the extra money ,a Pulsar thermal would be a much better scope , the last time I looked you could get an apex starting around 2500 to 3000, they may be even less now and they are top notch for the price point

buckmanmike

My primary use would be to film while hunting. Looks like I will be better off using my regular scope for hunting and get a gopro or similiar for filming.
Appreciate your feed back.

mhammock

I have the 3x14 and the 5x20 both I use a armalite torch. The 5x20 is bulkier but is better. I have killed probably 50 hogs with it, some out to 200 yards with it. I also have a atn thor thermal. They both have there advantages.