ATV Plows

Brojbennett

Has anyone had any experience with ATV plows? I have narrowed it down to three but curious for input. The Buck plow 8 blade, the black boar, and the impact implements.

transfixer

Don't know about those, but I have this one, works pretty good, but you have to put some weight on top of it.

Attachments

• harrow.jpg
    harrow.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 20

champ

They work better on breaking up plowed ground, but for scratching up food plot dirt in hard to get to areas they're great. Very useful ATV tool for sure. This one is a field-tuff with four cap blocks in the weight tray. 20181202_165548.jpg

Huntin 4 More

I had the bigger of the two Tufline ATV discs. It worked really well to break up even new ground. Much heavier than lots of the other ATV discs out there so I didn't have to add any weight. Sold it when I got a tractor and implements.

lonewolf247

I think a lot depends on your soil. Down here in blackjack ground, where I hunt, it's almost a waste to even try. Like the others said, you need weight to make them work well. That being said, ATV's aren't really made to do that sort of work. It builds up excessive heat to work them that way. Also, the receiver hitches on atv's can't handle the type of disk, that require downward pressure.

Bottom line, if your trying to do a small plot or so, you might be ok, but I wouldn't try to go that route to do several plots.

killerv

just wait for a good rain and you should be fine in most soils. I pull one with a rancher 350, only issue we run across if its too sandy, the plow will dig in too deep and atv can't pull it.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Don't know about those, but I have this one, works pretty good, but you have to put some weight on top of it.

I have the same one, like stated about you need weight. What I've done with mine is adjust it to where the back disc are higher then the front by a couple inches. Then I will strap a 4 foot log on it in the back. It wedges the front disc in the ground pretty good. It also helps going in circles.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Tried using a disc with a 2wd rancher. It needs to 4wd to work properly. Or at least that one did. It went into a receiver hitch and used the leverage from the 4 wheeler to plow. Used the same implement on a 4wd and worked well.

catch22

Huge fan of the tuffline ATV plow. Had ours for years...cant imagine how many pounds of seed its helped us plant. You have to be realistic....your not going to break grassy virgin ground but as Killerv said above, wait for some moisture and you can do alot.

Requires a 4x4 atv and Id recommend a 400 or larger
1546979311451.jpeg