Augusta Canal/Savannah River

Curvebow05

Looking for a little help and info here. I want to go chase smallies and Bartrams and Augusta is the closest place. Also just want to get some time on the water. Is it possible to put in and pull out in the same spot or do you have to shuttle there? I would like to target as many species as possible in one trip as well so what else is still hanging out in the river. Looking at a spontaneous trip tomorrow if it's possible, thus the questions. As of right now this is a solo trip unless anyone else wants to join which is always welcome. Is an anchor necessary, or is there enough shallow water to get out and pin the kayak or tie it off? Thanks in advance and again this is an open invite if it works out for tomorrow.

We always shuttle. There is about a 5 mile float from the pavillion to a take out, boat ramp, on the SC side. LM, smallmouth and Bartrams are catchable in the river. There is a path that goes alongside the river on the GA side, no motorized vehicles. I just pull the kayak on a shoal and get out but I also have an anchor for deeper places.

Curvebow05

Thanks! Unfortunately lost a brake caliper today on the kayak hauler so that trip is on hold. Is there access to fish from the path along the river or is it just a pretty walk?

JackSprat

Thanks! Unfortunately lost a brake caliper today on the kayak hauler so that trip is on hold. Is there access to fish from the path along the river or is it just a pretty walk?

There is limited access to the river. Depends on how much you like wading.