back4more's jon boat project

back4more

Banned
update with new pics (tossed the cell phone pics).

new additions:
- new trolling motor mount. 1/4 inch steel, much stronger
- PVC guide on installed (mounted on bunker guide ons) and trailer lights raised to top of PVC
- fire extinguisher mounted behind drivers seat
- two more rod holders (for total of four)
- emergency paddle mounted under accessory rail
- quick grab knife mounted on accessory rail

Mako22

BANNED
update with new pics (tossed the cell phone pics).

new additions:
- new trolling motor mount. 1/4 inch steel, much stronger
- PVC guide on installed (mounted on bunker guide ons) and trailer lights raised to top of PVC
- fire extinguisher mounted behind drivers seat
- two more rod holders (for total of four)
- emergency paddle mounted under accessory rail
- quick grab knife mounted on accessory rail

Hey it looks great in those new pics, see what a Gator can do when an FSU grad advises him.;)

Spinnerbait

Back4more I have a question for you. I'm modifying my jon boat now and just got an aluminum frame put in it last week. I'm about to cut the plywood for the front. I'm just curious how you were able to cut the curve for the platform in the front to fit. I can't think of any way to do it except for measure every few inches and then connect the dots. Any help would be appreciated.

Brine

Back4more I have a question for you. I'm modifying my jon boat now and just got an aluminum frame put in it last week. I'm about to cut the plywood for the front. I'm just curious how you were able to cut the curve for the platform in the front to fit. I can't think of any way to do it except for measure every few inches and then connect the dots. Any help would be appreciated.

Put an oversized piece of cardboard on top of the boat and trace from the bottom. Then cut the cardboard in half lengthwise and overlap until you have a snug template to copy onto your deck material.

back4more

Banned
I cut open a large cardboard box, and cut it as needed so that it would fit in just right on the deck frame, then traced the cardboard outline on the plywood.

back4more

Banned
got a few fellow GON members asking a few ?'s so I added some pics. hope the pics help !

Chris S.

Looks fish worthy to me,nice job.

sasquatch hunter

aiight

i only see one thing wrong with it

and it's not a problem i have, but a problem the man will have.

you need a tall light up front, the troller motor blocks the light to the port side.

UXO

Man I'm pretty sure your hull is the same as mine (mine is a 2004 Lowe L1436L) and your build puts mine to shame. Very nice work man, you should enjoy the heck out of that!