Background Checks

It's not your sources that is the issue. The issue is the assertion background checks work. They don't, they never have and they never will. The reality proves me right. People who are prohibited from owning guns can get all the guns they want and they do. Adding a background check for private sales isn't going to change a thing except further infringe on the 2A.
Maybe a picture or two will help:
40D507A2-8574-4A72-AAF8-2AC11CA10B25.jpeg

and

69318351_10156784933274107_7925368327990411264_n.jpg

You're going to see more and more stories about this everyone is going to be heralding the virtues of background checks and how affective they are at stopping crime

PopPop

The Sandy Hook Shooter killed his mom, to get her guns.

drhunter1

It's not your sources that is the issue. The issue is the assertion background checks work. They don't, they never have and they never will. The reality proves me right. People who are prohibited from owning guns can get all the guns they want and they do. Adding a background check for private sales isn't going to change a thing except further infringe on the 2A.
This is so simple. It’s amazing that some don’t catch on.

The bottom line is that you can never trust your government.

Pretty clear that the guy’s inability to buy due to background checks gave the police the time they needed to act based on the father’s tip.

Background checks have prevented more than three million people who shouldn’t have guns from purchasing since the mid-90s. Is that a bad thing?

If you lie on a form 4473 it is supposed to be a felony.

1 denial, if someone really didn't know something was on their record, i could understand.

but if the system WORKED, then the second denial should have resulted in law enforcement immediately looking for the guy.

Nothing would have been averted at all if the dad hadn't called. If the kid was living on his own, he would have ended up tracking down a private sale, either through a legitimately ignorant seller or from a criminal seller, and gotten what he wanted no matter what.

Even if he hadn't been denied the sale and gotten the guns he tried to buy, he wouldn't have started shooting on his way home. His dad's phonecall is still what would have alerted authorities.
very few prosecuted, just a dog/pony show

The federal government referred 23,777 federal background check denials for investigation but only 95 of those were referred for prosecution and even fewer — 25 — resulted in prosecutions, according to fiscal 2016 and 2017 federal data. In fiscal 2016, the federal government put 9.5 million through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System.
https://www.capitalgazette.com/politics/ac-cn-background-checks-20190625-story.html

Some do. But background checks have prevented more than three million people who shouldn’t have guns from getting them. Horsekerplopple

Not three million, Not even one.

I don’t think (obvious) that’s a bad thing.

But my question was should we have no restrictions on felons getting guns?

Some do. But background checks have prevented more than three million people who shouldn’t have guns from getting them. I don’t think that’s a bad thing.

Don't know if 3 million is correct or not but all NICS did was keep them from buying a gun from an ffl.

Some do. But background checks have prevented more than three million people who shouldn’t have guns from getting them. I don’t think that’s a bad thing.

Non violent felons who have paid their debt to society and made their victims whole should be free men.