Bacon Burger

Arrow Flinger

Custom deer processing in Winder does my meat grinding and he talked me into getting some ground into Bacon burger. He grinds 2 pounds of bacon with 10 pounds of deer and it is awesome. It is my new favorite burger of any kind. Give it a try if your processor will do it and you will not want anything else after you eat some. I have a doe in the cooler right now that will soon be bacon burger too.

flyingt

another processer

Schullers deer cooler also does bacon burger and I can't get enough of it. I,m starting to ration my meat already I hope to get one more this season and get the whole thing made into b.b. To get to schullers go up 985 to exit 24 Rabbittown, go right it's on the left. Also great gun shop and range :flag:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Does sound great, maybe I will grind up some bacon for my next burgers???

Jim

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
I had Holyfield here in Newton County do

one if my deer in bacon burger this year, and it is great :)

They are the only ones in the area, that I'm aware of, that do the bacon burger so I don't have any other to compare with, I think they did the 2#'s also :)

BTW, Holyfield (same family), has been making a great pork sausage locally for many years if you get a chance to try it you should :clap:

leo

Jim McRae

Guys, I've been eating bacon burger for years as my grandfather used to make it. Be careful not to leave it in the freezer too long or it will get that old bacon taste. I usually eat mine first until it's gone, then go to work on cube steak and loins.

Jim M.

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Jim

Have you tried vacuum sealing the Bacon Burger packs when freezing, I wonder if that will help it stay fresh longer??

I vac seal all on my venison and it helps with the sausage especially.

Thanks for the info:)

leo

Jim McRae

Leo, I'm sure vacumn sealing would work better than freezer paper. But I'm just picky when it comes to stuff that has been in the freezer too long. I always eat my venison in this order: Ground meat first, followed by cube steak, then loins.

Jim M.