Bag for calls

cbig1981

My assortment of calls has outgrown the space I have in my vest. Add the calls on top of the other random items I have in my vest and I think it is time I get a small bag or something to keep my calls in seperately. I plan on taking no more than 3-4 pots, box call, couple locators with me in the field and even this is too much for the vest. Does anyone have any recommendations on small bags or something to tote my calls in that makes them easily accessible should the need arise?

Zombie woof

Turkey Tote

I like the Ol' Tom bag but didn't want to spend $60, so I found this Stanley tool satchel at Wally world for $15. Works great for my needs. Stores 6 short boxes, 8 pots, 4 locators, 16 strikers, conditioning accessories, 1 scratch, and a box of Hevi Mag Blends. I keep my mouth calls in the fridge during the off-season but have plenty of extra room for those when heading out into the field.

Attachments

• turkey bag.PNG
    turkey bag.PNG
    995.2 KB · Views: 943

strutlife

I have an elite 3 vest and in it I have:

7 pot calls
3 box calls
1 scratch box
15 strikers
4 mouth calls
2 locator calls
2 facemask
2 pr gloves
5 turkey shells
3 bird shot for no shoulders
1 fold up blind
the kitchen sink.
And I still have some room left in the vest. The elite 3.

mauser64

I've gone back to my roots. I quit wearing a vest, I got to the point where too much effort was spent on zipping, buttoning, flapping, un flapping looking for calls plus hanging on to stuff if I had to take off running. I carry a small fanny pack with a box call a pot a few mouth calls, shells, gloves, face mask, a couple of strikers and chalk and sandpaper/abrasion object. I like to go light and fast so I can cover as much ground as needed. If I take a decoy I fold it and stuff it under the pack belt to carry.

Core Lokt

I carry 1 box, 3 mouth calls and a Tcell in my JACKET/SHIRT/PANT pockets and carry my gun with 5 shells in it. I am thinking of getting a pot call but I have space for it in my pockets. Seems I travle way to light but still manage to kill a bird or two each season :whip:

Tom Talker

This seems to be what you want also available at Midwest.

http://www.brossie.com/shoulder-hunting-bag.html

For goose and duck I use the small Drake blind bag in bottomland which would work great for what your looking for.. https://drakewaterfowl.com/drake/products

X2 on this bag. Not crazy about their calls but this bag is the bomb for fast moving hunter needing quick access to all your calls. I can get 4 pots and several boxes in mine along with binocs, shells etc

chadf

The best thing I've seen that is really important in this thread so far is:

2 pair of gloves and 2 face mask in your vest. Buddy forgets his, u lay yours down for whatever reason and have to move.... Etc.

Scratching in the leaves will call a bird......

Shoot all those loud mouth thunder chickens u can ! Boom!

Also, got a chuckle about the meth head stealing your stuff.

WOODSWIZE

My stuffed vest is like the old Felix the Cat cartoons -"Whenever he gets in a fix, he reach's into his bag of tricks!"

WOODSWIZE

I use an old dip can to carry my mouth calls.

I quit dipping years ago, but still use and old dip can for mine also. Keep a little water in the can and store in fridge. Clean the calls with fresh water after using and before storing back in the can.

careful ordering from Brossie. We ordered 2 of the turkey shoulder bags about a month ago. We tried to cancel due to illness but then turned out ok so left a message and e mail ok to continue with order or if they did cancel let us know and we will reorder. After 5 phone messages and 6 emails we have no response. Order on line still shows pending but the credit card was charged on 2/4 (this is 2/22). Can't get anyone to respond to phone or e mail. We would love the bags but heck, they have our $104 and won't respond. So, maybe we can get someone that is selling one up on e bay or something one day but for now we have to get with the credit card company to dispute the charge. It's a shame this company won't at least answer an e mail or phone message (they have yet to answer the phone and we only get the message machine). We might have caused confusion trying to initially cancel but the follow up phone and e mails should have resulted in the order OR a cancellation and refund. Frustrating.

sman

Tom Teaser Quick Sack

Picking one up Tuesday. I like the design and bottom land camo.