Bait/lure swap

sportsman94

Anybody looking to offload any baits/lures or have a hankering to try new ones? I’ve got a few that I would trade if anyone was interested. Dobbins Dig’r (4 oz and 1/2 oz), Jamesons fox cream (1/2 oz), mb red fox glands (almost a full ounce), dobbins purrfect (3/4 oz), Dunlaps hostile (1 oz), dunlaps ****ation (1 oz), cavens otter lure supreme (3/4 oz), cavens mink master (almost 1 oz), Luceros coyotero (2 oz), Luceros nighttrain (1 oz), Luceros jl1 (4 oz), predator control group booty call coyote gland (1/2 oz), pcg yote dope (1/3-1/2 oz)

canine933

Anybody looking to offload any baits/lures or have a hankering to try new ones? I’ve got a few that I would trade if anyone was interested. Dobbins Dig’r (4 oz and 1/2 oz), Jamesons fox cream (1/2 oz), mb red fox glands (almost a full ounce), dobbins purrfect (3/4 oz), Dunlaps hostile (1 oz), dunlaps ****ation (1 oz), cavens otter lure supreme (3/4 oz), cavens mink master (almost 1 oz), Luceros coyotero (2 oz), Luceros nighttrain (1 oz), Luceros jl1 (4 oz), predator control group booty call coyote gland (1/2 oz), pcg yote dope (1/3-1/2 oz)
How did the Luceros work for you?

sportsman94

How did the Luceros work for you?

Not very well for me at sets or in front of cameras. Don’t know how/why lures can work so good for one person and not another, but I tried these above ground and I’m ground in front of cameras and don’t know if they even got a sniff. I did test them at the same time I had other lures out so maybe they just weren’t preferred over the other stuff. Either way, they probably won’t ride in my lure bag this winter unless they test better beforehand

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Not very well for me at sets or in front of cameras. Don’t know how/why lures can work so good for one person and not another, but I tried these above ground and I’m ground in front of cameras and don’t know if they even got a sniff. I did test them at the same time I had other lures out so maybe they just weren’t preferred over the other stuff. Either way, they probably won’t ride in my lure bag this winter unless they test better beforehand
I tried a couple of beaver lures that were supposed to be the best. I zeroed on them every time. They were both from up north makers so I lve often wondered if there is a different smell to the castors compared to lures based in the south

Last edited:

sportsman94

I tried a couple of beaver lures that were supposed to be the best. I zeroed on them every time. They were both from up north makers so I lve often wondered if there is a different smell to the castors compared to lures based in the south
I’ve seen the same thing with beaver lure and have pretty much settled on backbreaker and other dobbins offerings for any of my lured beaver sets. I do more blind sets than anything so don’t go through a whole lot of beaver lure. The reason I tried these lucero lures was because a trapper out of alabama has extraordinary success with them. I think I must just stink, but I’ve only got lures I’m confident in inside of my bag now so there shouldn’t be any confidence issues this season

canine933

I’ve seen the same thing with beaver lure and have pretty much settled on backbreaker and other dobbins offerings for any of my lured beaver sets. I do more blind sets than anything so don’t go through a whole lot of beaver lure. The reason I tried these lucero lures was because a trapper out of alabama has extraordinary success with them. I think I must just stink, but I’ve only got lures I’m confident in inside of my bag now so there shouldn’t be any confidence issues this season
Steeltraps out of Alabama is one reason I had thought about trying some for several years, but never pulled the trigger. I know he catches a lot in the mid-west with it, but I don't know his success rate when he is in Alabama.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Yeah I’ve seen his posts elsewhere. Was thinking about trying that lure

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I’d rather buy a 4 ounce bottle of skunky backbreaker though

sportsman94

Steeltraps out of Alabama is one reason I had thought about trying some for several years, but never pulled the trigger. I know he catches a lot in the mid-west with it, but I don't know his success rate when he is in Alabama.

I believe he said that is the only lure he uses these days and still seems to wear them out in Alabama as well as Texas. I know it works, but I couldn’t seem to hold my mouth right. You can certainly try some if you want