Bald Eagle at Treys gut pile (3).JPG
    649.5 KB · Views: 334
  • Bald Eagle at Treys gut pile (4).JPG
    Bald Eagle at Treys gut pile (4).JPG
    649.7 KB · Views: 323

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
They`re bad to eat carrion and roadkill. Great shots.

Gator89

When I lived in WI, the farmers would spread manure on the farmland in the spring and fall. The bald eagles would rub elbows with the turkeys scavenging for a meal.

ucfireman

I just think its cool to see them. Growing up I guess they were still endangered, never saw any anywhere. I know they have made a comeback but still not common enough for me not to make a big deal over.

sleepr71

Souped up buzzards?! I’m in mid-Ga & threw out some fish guts one summer. Next day when I got home from work..I spooked a pair off the gut pile! I was in disbelief,but plain as day..two Bald Eagles there eating carrion?

Tadder

Thats cool pic's, seen 1 on the lake at a boat ramp on fish that someone cleaned and left the heads. Those are some BIG birds. Thanks for sharing.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Awesome bird!!

Rabun

Breading time for them down here (SE US). I've been observing a breading pair the last three years in NE Ga. They've been building/improving their nest the last month. Always enjoy seeing them whether they are snatching fish out of the lake, perched on a limb, soaring the skies or pecking away on carrion. Nice captures...really like number 4

PappyHoel

The best thing I ever saw...I was hiked about 15 miles up the river in West Yellowstone (fly fishing) and I got to witness a bald eagle swoop down from way up in a tree and grab a trout.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I get to see them catch coots and terrorize osprey`s on Lake Seminole a good bit.

Unfortunately Hurricane Michael destroyed the nest down from our cabin. Even the tree it was in is gone.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Cool pics

I had one grab a big gizzard shad I was lite linning two years ago. They sure can make a drag scream.

saltysenior

had a photo blind where they were throwing armadillos that were shot in camp....eagles pushed out the buzzards.....tied a string to the 'dillo and slowly pulled it to the blind as they picked at it.....their talons will scare you..