Bama 2015/16 Bama Black Belt, 1780 acres, 13 total members, 2 needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

167WhiteTAIL

** New Zone - Our area is in the southern zone, EXTENDED SEASON!!!!
>> Pics from last year below <<

1780 total acres, 13 total members. As of now, we need 2 member for 2015/16.

Where:
Our land is in Russell County, in the corner of Bullock, Macon and Russell. We are about 8 miles from Hurtsboro AL, 15ish miles south of Phenix City, Al. Approximately 1.5 hours from Atlanta, 30 miles south of Auburn.

The Land:
500+ acres of mature hardwoods, surrounded by thick pines, thinned pines and swamp. 450 acres will be bow hunting only until Jan 1. The rest of the 1330 acres will follow the Alabama regularly scheduled season.

This is one of the prettiest SE tract's I have hunted. It is BIG. It has a great mixture of hardwoods, swamp, thick and thinned pines. This land has produced some really nice bucks. We have more picture of big bucks than we have killed (this is good for you). There are a few roaming around that would rival mid-west bucks.
-2.7 miles long, 1.6 miles wide, straight line measured on Google Earth. The property is kind of shaped like Michigan
- We have approx. 3 miles of thick beaver swamp edge. There are a few swamp fingers feeding off the main swamp into our property (A LOOOOT OF THICK SWAMP/ 20+ beaver ponds, no beaver hunting, beaver are our friends, we have a camp boat to fish, one of my guys caught a 7 pounder).
- There are also a lot of HW bottoms (some very wide), the south west 450 acres block that will be bow only until 1/1 is mature hardwoods.
- 400ish acres of various aged clear-cut (newest was cut two years ago, see 1000 + yards), thick pines, new thinned pines (some spots in the thinned pines you have 200+ yard visibility, very similar to a gas line).
- There are miles of 4 wheeler trails (used as foot paths during the season)and excellent roads.
- There are many, many, many spots to hunt on this land. Roads are in good shape, most can be traveled in 2wd.
-We know our neighbors and get along well.

Dues:
$1550 you can take 2 bucks with a gun, 1 with a bow,
IF YOU KILL IT, YOU MOUNT IT!!! I want our guys to harvest mature bucks 4 years+. If you do not know how to age a deer on the hoof, we will help you. Looking at a bucks body shape, head, weight, you can usually tell if he is older than 3. We will send in the bottom front teeth to a lab in TX to have them aged. Your next buck needs to be bigger than the first (unless you kill Turkey-Foot first, he is one of the biggest, prettiest bucks I have seen in the south east).
$1850 for deer + turkey - This must be committed to when you join our club. Most of the club does not turkey hunt, I have a few turkey only members that help off set the deer dues.
***If you have equipment, we can work something out to help pay for expenses.

Food Plots/ supplemental nutrition:
There are approximately 21 food plots ranging from 1/4 acre to a little over 2 acres (we have a few clover plots that are coming up strong.) No killing does on food plots. We have a camp tractor (and several members with tractors). We are also going to try summer plots this year.

Minerals (each member should put out at least 3 mineral stations, we've put out approx 15 so far this year).

Protein - We are trying protein tubs. 2 neighboring clubs, 1100 acres each (2200 acres) to our west and the second to our south are also under a protein program. If our tubs work, there will be approx. 4000 continuous acres on a protein program.

Stands:
There are several shooting houses. We have a bunch of fixed position stands, however we do ask our members to put two stands that will be club stands (this way we have at least 24 stands for anyone to use).

Spots are first come, first serve. NO PRIVATE SPOTS!!! but we do expect you to be courteous of each other, please try and hunt at least 300 yards from your neighbor. You can not put a climber in a spot and call it your spot. If you sign in for that spot, it is yours. If you are not signed in for that spot, it is open.

Sign in board:
I tried a web based sign in board last year for my IL property (4000 acres, 11 farms - I have a few spots open for my IL club also, if interested, let me know, South East IL). You reserve a spot from your smart phone. If you want to move, click away. You don't have to come back to camp just to move your pin. It was very, very easy to use and it worked well. I am using this with all my clubs this year. If you want to see a demo: http://www.virtualsigninboard.com/
It is really, really cool, you should introduce this to your other clubs.

Who are we looking for:
None of our members are local. We want members who are looking for a great spot to hunt during the Bama rut (late December, Jan, Feb). Almost all our members have multiple spots to hunt. We picked this tract up so we can have a low pressured, late season rut hunt in Bama.

Camp:
We have a very nice camp, campers allowed, the timber company will not allow us to pull power, generator only. We have a camp generator.

I have a 27ft camper we gutted and rebuilt the inside we use as a bunk house for members who do not have a camper. It is comfortable, clean and dry. My small camper has 2 beds and a shower.

Last year we did not run out of beds. If we do, there are several hotels less than 20 miles.

Let me know if you are interested.

Last edited:

167WhiteTAIL

Guys - I DELETED ALL MY REPLIES BELOW TO MAKE THIS THREAD LESS CROWDED, PLEASE PM IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR ARE INTERESTED.

I will be happy to send aerial and pics from this year and older pics if you wish. I will need your email address.

This is our 4th year managing this l and, the number of mature bucks is growing year after year.

Our average mature buck seems to be in the 120 to 140 range, with an occasional 150+ showing up. Hopefully this will increase as we keep managing year after year.

KEN

Last edited:

Jim Boyd

Very good detail in this offering - well done!!

southerndraw

PI'm a member of this club and absolutely love it. Good bucks, lots of doe's and a few hogs to add to the freezer if you choose to do so. I've never seen so many tracks on a piece of property before and I've hunted all over the south. Ken is a straight stand up guy and will the first one to offer you his spot if thinks you'll see deer there. I was hesitant to join a club 400 miles away but I'm glad I did. You can't run me off now...lol

Last edited:

167WhiteTAIL

We are back to needing 2 members. Thank you Mark, we are looking forward to hunting with you this year.

I have 2 existing members who have verbally committed but have not paid any funds, at the end of the month, we might have 2 more spots.

>>>To my members, if you read this, please send in your dues<<<

Big Buck Farmer

We would like to see your property. We are 4 guys from Central Florida and have been hunting Alabama for many years. We are QDM minded and have a lot of experience and equipment too.

mbrowland

?

What are the ru,es for guest? I have two sons one that is I. College and the other in high school.

Regards

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.