Band of Bucks II

Jim Boyd

Those are awesome deer - and MOST excellent photos!

Love 'em!

UGATurkey

My wife just looked at me like I lost my mind when I got excited to see this thread! I have come to enjoy watching your bucks grow. Thanks so much!

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
Those are awesome deer - and MOST excellent photos!

Love 'em!

Thank you, Jim! I guess the good rains this summer coupled with the bumper mast crop from last Fall has these bucks in tip-top shape because I don't know when I've seen a healthier looking bunch around here. I've also noticed a huge number of fawns this year which is good to see as well.

My wife just looked at me like I lost my mind when I got excited to see this thread! I have come to enjoy watching your bucks grow. Thanks so much!

You're welcome, buddy and I'm glad that you're enjoying the threads! There is a bunch of bucks to watch this year, that's for sure.

These guys just come in and eat everything in sight!

Here's a couple of more - seems the daytime pics are always better.

Attachments

• STC_0357.jpg
    STC_0357.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 4,329
  • STC_0331.jpg
    STC_0331.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 3,816

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Goodness is all I can say , if all of those hang around it's gonna be very interesting the next couple months !!!

The Fever

I think I recognize that house in the first set of photos. I guess it's time to start knocking on doors for permission ;) I kid of course.

Gut_Pile

Excellent. I would venture to say probably your best crop of mature bucks you've had if my memory is correct.

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
Goodness is all I can say , if all of those hang around it's gonna be very interesting the next couple months !!!

It sure will, antharper. This particular group seems to ramble a lot and it's unpredictable when they'll be back. We know they're here when the yard is suddenly absolutely full of antlers. :bounce:

I think I recognize that house in the first set of photos. I guess it's time to start knocking on doors for permission ;) I kid of course.

Yeah shoot, I hear you Fever. It'd be some good hunting if you could get it!

Unreal Echo, always enjoy these threads. Great photos. :cheers:

Keep checking in, Johnson. They'll be shedding velvet before you know it!

Excellent. I would venture to say probably your best crop of mature bucks you've had if my memory is correct.

I think you're right, Gut Pile. They're making quite the impression on me and I've seen a few up close before. I also think most of those bucks in the big group yesterday are three years old or younger.....maybe one four year old in the bunch.

Spoiler alert : I've seen a very, very big heavy 8-point in the general area on several occasions but I don't have any pics or other proof that he's paid us a visit yet. Given where he's hanging out though I don't think it will be long before I get some pics of him.

BornToHuntAndFish

Looking fine with some full bodied healthy whitetails.

Lots of fun following your neighborhood updates.

Appreciate it, Sir.

:fine:

Strickland1984a

Hey Ernie good to see your band of bucks again. I started getting ready for this season about two weeks ago and been meaning to check on your bucks every since. I have also seen lots of daytime movement and fawns this year. Good luck to you this year and I'll be tuning in for sure!!!

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hey Ernie good to see your band of bucks again. I started getting ready for this season about two weeks ago and been meaning to check on your bucks every since. I have also seen lots of daytime movement and fawns this year. Good luck to you this year and I'll be tuning in for sure!!!

Thanks Strickland and it's good to hear from you again! I'm not sure what's up with the increased daylight movement this year but if it continues into the fall it should be an interesting season for sure.

I'm still waiting on the full grown 8 point that I mentioned earlier to show up but I'm still seeing a good amount of activity otherwise. Killer is going to need a strong neck to tote that big six point rack around this year!

Attachments

• STC_0323 (2).jpg
    STC_0323 (2).jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 871
  • STC_0335 (3).jpg
    STC_0335 (3).jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 869
  • STC_0358 (3).jpg
    STC_0358 (3).jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 872
  • STC_0328 (4).jpg
    STC_0328 (4).jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 875
  • STC_0384.jpg
    STC_0384.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 865

davidhelmly

Amazing pictures as always Echo, thank you for sharing. You're right about Killer, those brow tines are incredible!! :cool::cool:

MFOSTER

BANNED
Great pics Ernie your pics really put a meaning to all the stories I hear of those small coastal deer with those tiny racks.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
That last picture is awesome , hope that big 8 u are talking about comes around , who knows he may be one of your old friends

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
Amazing pictures as always Echo, thank you for sharing. You're right about Killer, those brow tines are incredible!! :cool::cool:

I'm glad you liked them, David and yes Killer has the best brows of the bunch.

Great pics Ernie your pics really put a meaning to all the stories I hear of those small coastal deer with those tiny racks.

Thanks, MFOSTER! Well, there are always exceptions to the rule..:D
It's true that you won't see many coastal bucks winning the truck buck weeks (if any) but we still have some good looking deer. Those 125-130 class racks can look really big on a 135 lb. buck

That last picture is awesome , hope that big 8 u are talking about comes around , who knows he may be one of your old friends

Thanks, antharper. I'm pretty sure that I know the big eight. I don't know where he's hanging out at the moment though. He'll show about velvet shedding time if history is any guide.

Here's another pic with two year old Slick in the foreground - he likes to pose for close ups it seems. That's Killer with his head down and also a seven point that often runs with them.

Attachments

• STC_0332 (3).jpg
    STC_0332 (3).jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 789

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
Beautiful place u call home !

Yes it is.

Thanks guys, it is a nice place and we like it here. I'd like to see the fairway planted to millet and corn but other than that I can't complain much.

Had a pretty good turnout yesterday that's really got me looking forward to velvet shedding time - which won't be long. Unless some new bucks show up the next pics will be of some slicked out or velvet-hanging bucks.

Attachments

• STC_0362 (1).jpg
    STC_0362 (1).jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 662
  • STC_0359 (1).jpg
    STC_0359 (1).jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 666
  • STC_0365 (1).jpg
    STC_0365 (1).jpg
    143 KB · Views: 668
  • STC_0443.jpg
    STC_0443.jpg