Band of Bucks II

Doolydawg03

Thanks for the update ECHO, I see the summer coats are just about gone and the necks are tightening up!!! We all know whats right around the corner!!!!

BornToHuntAndFish

Wooo Weee at the rocking Whitetail Wonderland!:bounce:

Sure are some purdy daylight photo captures.

Ole Killer's towering brow tine eye guards are eye catching.

Having a blast again with 'em, Ernie. Mighty thanks, Sir.

:cool:

hunterofopportunity

WOW!! Imagine seeing this out the window any day, great pictures. Even though I hunt deer I never shoot them around the house, I enjoy watching their behavior as they interact. Since the neighbors started clearing land and creek bottoms next door I don't see the nice bucks. So thanks for posting your deer.

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
Thanks for the update ECHO, I see the summer coats are just about gone and the necks are tightening up!!! We all know whats right around the corner!!!!

They are for a fact, Dooly! I'm starting to note just a little more aggression over the last week or so as well. More chasing and posturing - it's coming!!

Wooo Weee at the rocking Whitetail Wonderland!:bounce:

Sure are some purdy daylight photo captures.

Ole Killer's towering brow tine eye guards are eye catching.

Having a blast again with 'em, Ernie. Mighty thanks, Sir.

:cool:

Thanks BornToHunt! Glad that you're still tuning in!

WOW!! Imagine seeing this out the window any day, great pictures. Even though I hunt deer I never shoot them around the house, I enjoy watching their behavior as they interact. Since the neighbors started clearing land and creek bottoms next door I don't see the nice bucks. So thanks for posting your deer.

Yeah, hunterof, I'm thankful for the opportunity and I wouldn't feel right about not sharing with other folks who I know are also interested in such matters.

See it's your Birthday. Hope you have a good one.

Thanks, Wanderlust!

Echo I am late to the game on this but what is the story about your location and the deer?
Awesome pics.

Thanks, videoman! There are some threads from past years in the trail cam forum if you're interested in catching up.
The deer live in what amounts to a several thousand acre refuge and most have them have had exposure to people since they were born. Interestingly, it's often the fawns with their natural instinct to flee that are harder to approach than the older deer.
I've never intended to try and make it out to be a big secret on the exact location and many folks on here know where I live or if they're familiar with coastal Georgia could put two and two together but I think it's probably best not to be anymore specific than that.
Hope you enjoy the pics!

Happy Birthday Ernie!! Take care and have an awesome season!!

Thank you, Omendude! Hope you have a great season as well and if it's anything like last year's, you will!

This is not the real big eight that I've been hinting about recently but he's a nice, big bodied buck with a little age on him.

Attachments

• STC_0337 (3).jpg
    STC_0337 (3).jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 504
  • STC_0344 (3).jpg
    STC_0344 (3).jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 504
Thanks Echo. I dint intend on you telling the exact location just a general overview. Not everyday you see bucks like that in someone's yard so I assumed there must be no hunting in the area. What a cool place to live. Thanks for sharing

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
Thanks Echo. I dint intend on you telling the exact location just a general overview. Not everyday you see bucks like that in someone's yard so I assumed there must be no hunting in the area. What a cool place to live. Thanks for sharing

I hear you, videoman and it's all good!

Well, I'm fairly sure the big eight finally did make an appearance last night. I flipped on the floodlight and there was a really big buck standing out back by himself. I was thinking the one I had seen had a little bit longer G-2's and 3's but the more I've studied the pics I'm sort of leaning to the fact that this is the buck. Then again I've got a pile of 8's coming in right now and it's getting difficult to keep them straight.

Attachments

• STC_0314 (5).jpg
    STC_0314 (5).jpg
    56 KB · Views: 475
  • STC_0316 (5).jpg
    STC_0316 (5).jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 477
  • STC_0336 (4).jpg
    STC_0336 (4).jpg
    45 KB · Views: 474
Last edited:

Dirtroad Johnson

I hear you, videoman and it's all good!

Well, I'm fairly sure the big eight finally did make an appearance last night. I flipped on the floodlight and there was a really big buck standing out back by himself. I was thinking the one I had seen had a little bit longer G-2's and 3's but the more I've studied the pics I'm sort of leaning to the fact that this is the buck. Then again I've got a pile of 8's coming in right now and it's getting difficult to keep them straight.

That's a nice 8.

UGATurkey

That is a big eight! I do envy your back yard sir.

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
Cool pics

Thanks!

Time to hang a lock on.

They'd be fairly surprised if I started shooting at 'em.

That's a nice 8.

It is a nice one, Dirtroad but upon further review I think it's just that two year old 8 with a ton of potential that I had pointed out earlier. Still waiting on that real big one.

That is a big eight! I do envy your back yard sir.

Thanks UGA, it is a pretty good back yard. ;)
I didn't get in until after dark but my wife said that seven bucks showed up earlier and were just milling around until she took them out some corn.

Yeah, a nice eight and I'm pretty sure he's just a bit north of two years old. I hope to see him at five and a half.

Attachments

• STC_0092.jpg
    STC_0092.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 1,293

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
They're almost all slicked out and ready for Fall action now. Killer came up this afternoon with his velvet hanging in shreds......nice to see.

Attachments

• STC_0051.jpg
    STC_0051.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 1,190
  • STC_0007.jpg
    STC_0007.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 1,196
  • STC_0088.jpg
    STC_0088.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 1,183
  • STC_0076.jpg
    STC_0076.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 1,196
  • STC_0060.jpg
    STC_0060.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 1,199
  • STC_0018.jpg
    STC_0018.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 1,188

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
Ol' Killer looks like he might have J-BO genes. His rack looks a little similar to J-Bo to me.

I think you may be right, Slingshot. One other thing they have in common is that they both took several days to complete the velvet shedding process whereas the majority of the bucks that I see seem to do it almost overnight.

The tree rubbing is about to begin!! Great pics as always Ernie!! :cheers: :cheers:

You got that straight, David! They killed a nice cedar I had on the edge of the yard a couple of years back. Bucks are going to be bucks.

Here's a couple of more from last night.....there are still 5 or 6 other bucks I'd like to get a look at but as we all know they tend to get slippery once that velvet drops. Hopefully they'll show back up soon.

Attachments

• STC_0029 (1).jpg
    STC_0029 (1).jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,035
  • STC_0091.jpg
    STC_0091.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 1,041

BIGABOW

glad to see you back at E. I'll be keeping an eye out till you quit for deer season. Comon' Nov!!!