Band of Bucks II

BornToHuntAndFish

Didn't have any at all this summer, Born To. To be perfectly honest I missed my backyard pals too but I guess all good things do have to end eventually.

Looking forward to hunting some very different terrain this season up here in the piedmont. Good luck to use as well!

Congrats on your move to the piedmont which DNR harvest data shows has more whitetail opportunities than the other sections of the state. I know I see more deer there than other parts of Georgia.

Sorry you had to leave your previous yard buddies behind which has been some great entertainment for us all that you treated us to.

Hope you have lots of fine whitetail encounters this season in new places. At least in recent years, you seem to do very well in bagging some good ones. Hope your new surroundings treat you even better. Thanks for the update. Looking forward to you getting another wallhanger, Sir.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Good to hear from u Ernie , I bet u miss your backyard zoo , hopefully you’ve started a new one in a beautiful place , maybe whoever bought your home are enjoying the deer as much as u did !

Blackston

Spray fields are something to see right at dusk!!!!

BIGABOW

I know this thread is old but I sure miss Jbo.......... I think he's the real reason we all grew so attached to these threads, Good to read your doing well Echo, all the best in the Piedmont....

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
ECHO,
I AM GLAD TO SEE YOUR POSTING AS I HAVE DREAMED FOR SEVERAL YEARS NOW TO HAVE A BUCK THAT I COULD POSSIBLY NAME J-BO, LEWIS OR EVEN BUTCH !!!! SO FAR.....NADA !!!!!

OH, HOW I HAVE LOVED WATCHING YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD DEER GROW UP AND BECOME MONSTERS AS SUCH. UNFORTUNATELY, I HAVE NEVER HAD THAT KIND OF OPPORTUNITY ON MY PROPERTY BUT I HAVE DREAMED ABOUT IT A FEW TIMES.

I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED YOUR CAMERA DISPLAYS OF SUCH WONDERFUL BUCKS AS THEY LOVED SPENDING TIME WITH YOU AND WE HAVE BEEN FORTUNATE TO HAVE WATCHED THESE FINE BUCKS ENJOY THEIR TIME WITH YOU.

THANKS FOR SHARING THEM FOR ALL OF THESE YEARS. :cheers:

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Good to hear from u Echo , I’d definitely be homesick , hope all is well !

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
I always enjoyed following this thread with Echo & the deer, hope all is well Echo. :cheers:
ECHO,
I AM GLAD TO SEE YOUR POSTING AS I HAVE DREAMED FOR SEVERAL YEARS NOW TO HAVE A BUCK THAT I COULD POSSIBLY NAME J-BO, LEWIS OR EVEN BUTCH !!!! SO FAR.....NADA !!!!!

OH, HOW I HAVE LOVED WATCHING YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD DEER GROW UP AND BECOME MONSTERS AS SUCH. UNFORTUNATELY, I HAVE NEVER HAD THAT KIND OF OPPORTUNITY ON MY PROPERTY BUT I HAVE DREAMED ABOUT IT A FEW TIMES.

I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED YOUR CAMERA DISPLAYS OF SUCH WONDERFUL BUCKS AS THEY LOVED SPENDING TIME WITH YOU AND WE HAVE BEEN FORTUNATE TO HAVE WATCHED THESE FINE BUCKS ENJOY THEIR TIME WITH YOU.

THANKS FOR SHARING THEM FOR ALL OF THESE YEARS. :cheers:
Good to hear from u Echo , I’d definitely be homesick , hope all is well !
I always enjoyed following this thread with Echo & the deer, hope all is well Echo. :cheers:

Thanks guys! I'm glad that you enjoyed these threads as much as I liked making them. It was a blast.

Life is good up here in the piedmont and I still have plenty of deer coming through my place on a daily basis. The does up here are somewhat tolerant of my presence at a fair distance but my days of spending late summer evenings out on the back porch with big antlered bucks are clearly over.

I'm really liking the deer hunting up here however and after learning a lot about the lay of the land last season I'm excited about the prospects for this year. Should be a good one!

As great a buck as JBo was I think it's worth taking one more look at old Lewis. What a beautiful animal he was!SAM_0412.JPG

MFOSTER

BANNED
Thanks guys! I'm glad that you enjoyed these threads as much as I liked making them. It was a blast.

Life is good up here in the piedmont and I still have plenty of deer coming through my place on a daily basis. The does up here are somewhat tolerant of my presence at a fair distance but my days of spending late summer evenings out on the back porch with big antlered bucks are clearly over.

I'm really liking the deer hunting up here however and after learning a lot about the lay of the land last season I'm excited about the prospects for this year. Should be a good one!

As great a buck as JBo was I think it's worth taking one more look at old Lewis. What a beautiful animal he was!View attachment 972628
Good to hear from you Echo,hope all is well.jbo definitely a historian on here easily in the gon hall of fame.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I looked forward to these threads as much as any! Thanks for bumping it up! A special man will be missed for sure. I would watch in amazement that any human could get so close to a deer the way he did. I feel fortunate to have witnessed it! Thanks for sharing and Thanks for the memories Echo!

Duff

Oh man! Very sorry to hear this.

Didn’t know him personally, but had several mutual friends. ALL said he was top notch! Rip Ernie!

Blackston

Those pics always made me a little homesick . Me and those deer breathed the same salt air for many years .
RIP Echo your 598er bucks will always be etched in our memories!!!!