BANG Tx... 4-25, Carter's Re-Reg

russ010

Can I take a sharpie and turn the 20 into a 10 on my cowling, ha ha?

haha... heck I wish I had a 4hp...

oh - I updated the rules page... pretty much the same as HVBA with a few changes.

HVBA guys - Of all the rules that I've seen, yours are one of the best. If you get upset that I copied and pasted, please let me know. I made a few changes, but if you want me to put it in my own words I have no problem making the changes. Good luck this weekend at Lathem - with the storms supposedly coming in on Sunday, Saturday will be either a really good day OR a really bad day.

krusty

How about a grandfather clause....::;. I guess that might be overcooking the grits, ha ha.

That 1970 Johnson I have probably only has 10 hp at the prop now. Put her on the boat last night in hopes of using her in the tx, and after being in the garage for the past 2 month it started on the 4th pull. She is an oldie but a goodie.

russ010

from what I hear, the older the motor the better they are... I'd like to find me an old 4-9.5 motor... but then again, it would only be used at Carter's so I don't think it's worth it... I can get a bigger trolling motor though and use the money that way. BUT, I am saving for a bigger boat so no new toys for me

russ010

ok - if you got the motor. USE IT! Max has been set at 30HP. Carter's is the only lake we fish that allows gas motors and I don't have a problem with you using them. If you don't have a motor, it just means that they get to their spot faster, doesn't mean they will catch the most fish.

Last edited:

krusty

Fished from 7-noon. Only could muster up one bite, but it was a keeper.
LD - How was the afternoon, better then the morning. It was nice chatting with ya on the lake.

lizard drager

better after the water got to almost 60,the little ones were bitin,never got a keeper.hope it is better next sat.i always have fun eliminating water.:rofl:

russ010

I've been thinking about the rules, and I really want to "fair" it up. I know it's going to be hard to keep fish alive this summer, so I don't want that to get guys out of the game. I'm not making these official yet, just want some opinions.

- Fishing starts at 7:00am, be there prior to that because when I’m in the water, fishing will start.

- Weigh-in will be 4:00pm sharp – You must be at the ramp with everyone else by that time. I'll blow an air horn at 3:45pm to let it be known that 15 minutes remain.
Each minute past 4pm will result in a 0.5 lb deduction from the total weight for each minute. This DOES count against your big fish. At 4pm I’ll blow the air horn 3 times. Each minute past 4pm I will sound the air horn 1 time. After 5 minutes you will be disqualified from the winnings and all entry fees will be forfeited (including Big Fish). Russ will have the official time, so make sure to sync up with him before you leave. We’ll do a time hack before leaving in the morning. My Verizon Cell phone will be the official clock and everyone should be very close to that time. On the way to the ramp does not mean you are there yet – you will lose minutes until you reach the ramp with everyone else. Trolling motor trouble is different (as if it’s not working and you are not still fishing), but if it’s moving you slower than usual – that’s your problem.

- Minimum 12" length. Any fish under 12" will result in 1lb deduction from total weight, and that short fish will NOT be part of the total weight.

-Dead Fish Penalty: 1 Dead Fish will be allowed. Any other dead fish will result in a 0.5lb deduction. Dead fish over 3lbs will result in a 1 lb reduction from total weight.

Last edited:

russ010

oh yea... looks like I'm going to be going in blind for this one... I doubt I'm going to get to prefish it this week

russ010

I'm still pondering over the dead fish thing... I need your opinons on how this should work... so here are a few options.

1 - Don't allow dead fish to be weighed in at all
2 - Allow 1 Dead Fish, then subtract pounds kinda like posted in the post above
3 - Allow Dead Fish, but take off pounds for each fish.

I know it's going to be hard to keep fish alive this summer, but I really want us all to work as hard as we can to keep them alive.. I know it can be tough out there catching them too, which is why it's hard for me to throw it out completely.

My personal thoughts are really to deduct weights (I like the - 1 pound for fish under 3lbs, -2 pounds for fish over 3lbs... and not allow big fish to be weighed in dead.

Give me some thoughts... I'd like to get this going for this weekend as well.

krusty

I say keep it as simple as possible.

1. No culling of dead fish, if one should die it has to be weighed in. If you get caught culling a dead fish it is an automatic disqualification.

2. Deduct 4 oz or quarter pound per dead fish, which will go against the total weight and your big fish.

These are pretty similar to a couple of tx trails like berry’s for example. I think all in all as a group we are carrying a very small footprint. To over penalize, and allow those penalties to carry huge swings that could change the outcome is not entirely fair. Now in a case of a close weigh in it is perfectly fine. Only speaking from experience, I have been on that short end of the stick and that is the way it goes sometimes. As long as we are responsible and have adequate livewells with good aeration that is all we can ask for and let the chips fall.

On a side note. I always uses an additive, like please release me. And during the summer I carry some frozen ziplock bags to add to the livewell to cool the water down slightly.

lizard drager

lets go with the 4oz per dead fish rule.the 4oz comes off of the total wieght,not big fish even if your big un is the dead fish.this seams to be what other clubs are doing,or they have no rule at all concerning dead fish.the rules concerning being late will be inforced.so you best be back early.

krusty

lets go with the 4oz per dead fish rule.the 4oz comes off of the total wieght,not big fish even if your big un is the dead fish.this seams to be what other clubs are doing,or they have no rule at all concerning dead fish.the rules concerning being late will be inforced.so you best be back early.

Sounds good.

russ010

Sounds good.

OK, I updated the rules page last night for our website, but forgot to publish it... so I'll have to do that tonight.

Good luck guys - hope we pull out a lot of bigguns

Hey Krusty - how big was that one keeper you got??

krusty

OK, I updated the rules page last night for our website, but forgot to publish it... so I'll have to do that tonight.

Good luck guys - hope we pull out a lot of bigguns

Hey Krusty - how big was that one keeper you got??

Oh maybe 2 #'s, nothing to brag about.