BANG Tx... 4-25, Carter's Re-Reg

russ010

Next BANG tourney is April 25th at Carter's Re-Reg.

Visit our website to get the details - http://www.bassanglersofnorthgeorgia.com

In order to fish any more of the BANG tournaments, you will have to be a member.
Membership dues are $25 per person.
Tournament fees are $20 per boat, $5 per person for Big Fish.

Here's the list so far... if I'm wrong, let me know. OH yea.. try to have exact cash - it makes it a lot easier on me because I don't carry cash and I probably won't have change at any more of the tournies.

1. Russ
2. Dale & Jeff
3. Anthony & Randy
4. Chris M.
5. Tyler & Kevin
6. Jeff C. & David
7. Isaac & Joey (pretty sure they'll show up)
8. Jeremy V + partner (new members)

Last edited:

krusty

Russ,
Website is coming together man, looks good. I will be there fishing solo, Jay won't be in town. Anyone fishing this up there weekend?

For those that are not all that familiar with the Re-reg, there are some serious hazards depending on the water level which can fluctuate daily and even hourly. There are some BIG boulders in that lake that could eat up a lower unit, just an fyi. If you're interested do a search on Carters Re-reg or click on the link below and you will find a map that Merky posted for a tx he hosted last spring.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=161411&highlight=carters+reg

stickum

Will be there as well.... would like to know if anyone knows about Hp on motors for this lake i have a 10hp limit and have heard no hp limit anyone know for sure

MerkyWaters

On the link page on SWAT's, Click on Mobile District then click on Alabama, Coosa, Tallapoosa, Then todays project data. Look at where it says Tailwaters for Carters for this is the re-regs elevations. Anything around 680's is going to be barely covering alot of structure. I have fished out there before when it was around 678 if I remember right, you just have to launch out of the channel where the other road bed is that leads to the channel. DO not use the ramp if it is ~680 or less for it drops straight off into the channel!

russ010

I won't get to prefish at all... unless I get a free day next week which is very doubtful. I've got military this weekend, so I'll be in South Carolina.

I won't have a motor either and I'll be short 1 trolling motor - I think I burned my new one up at Acworth last Saturday

stickum

Hows it going Russ..i want be able to prefish either we have gas motor 25hp to put on Randy's boat

russ010

well looking at that place on google, it looks big. I think I measured 1.6 miles from the ramp to the bridge at the other end of the lake... I might see if I can't come up with something by then..

stickum

They are some good deals out there on small Hp motors on Craigslist...would you and Dale have any objections to a Ranger bass boat fishing this Tx. since it is jonboat Tx

stickum

Alright let me know ...its Randy's dad he coming down from Virginia and wants to fish while he is here

russ010

I don't have a problem with it, but I don't want to make the final decision. Are y'all going to be in the boat with him too?

stickum

No..me and Randy will fish out of his...but i got a buddy who would fish it also out of his Astro 20ft.

russ010

well these aren't open tournaments anymore, so they would have to pay the $25 per person membership fees and then the tourney fees if they wanted to fish.. but still, we'll see what Dale says about the "real" bass boats

stickum

Alright... well i wouldnt want to have Randy's dad join up cause of were he lives probably be the only one he would fish he just looking to fish and and compete with us

russ010

OK... I've talked with Dale and we've decided to go along with other jon boat clubs... so here goes - I'll update the website accordingly.

30 HP Max rule on lakes that allow gas motors
Jon Boats or Bass Hunter boats only

Last edited:

krusty

Can I take a sharpie and turn the 20 into a 10 on my cowling, ha ha?

Last edited: