Barn Doors, in the home

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Personally, I believe it boils down to the quality of the pocket door and the method one used to either install vs hanging one. ;)
Doesn't have much to do with the door. It's the frame. And who installed it. The new style frame is much better. I've got one to put in this week

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Doesn't have much to do with the door. It's the frame. And who installed it. The new style frame is much better. I've got one to put in this week

Yessir, I didn't mean the door itself specifically. What you stated is what I meant actually.

JohnnyWalker

Watch out guys, I put a shower curtain across a small basement room door.
Just wait until HGTV comes and gives it the thumbs up.:)

LTZ25

I am a fan of pocket and barn doors in the correct situation . Just don't like cheap doors of any kind .

ryanh487

I like them in some uses.

Using them for doors on bathrooms connected to common areas are not one of those uses. Using the bathroom in someone else's house while there are lots of people outside the door is one thing. Using the bathroom in someone else's house while you can't lock the door and there's a 2" gap under it and between the edges of the door and the wall behind it is just asking for an embarrassing incident.

sinclair1

BeerThirty

My .02 is they are super tacky and unless the whole house is decorated like a barn or with old/aged/weathered wood, the barn door looks even worse

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
My .02 is they are super tacky and unless the whole house is decorated like a barn or with old/aged/weathered wood, the barn door looks even worse

I dunno bro, I live in a 50yr old hand hewn heart cut Hemlock cabin, but what do I know ???

Davans

EDCD46DF-FD49-4F73-8ADB-76FCB62726A7.jpeg

Davans

Hotel at Sawgrass. Fl.

rayjay

My eye doc designed his new building and used barn doors. Pretty good in that setting because you don't loose the arc that a hinged door requires. His problem was that they made a heck of an annoying clank clank when they closed. I designed him a rubber stop set up that took care of the problem. His are heavy enough to require regular cleaning and lubing of the rollers and their rail.

1gr8bldr

If I was in your profession, I would Embrace new fads that keep people redoing stuff. That's the purpose of most of the tv shows and magazines.:huh:
What I see here is a beautiful door..... that should have been a standard, left hand swinging in. As it is, it can't be fully open without blocking the light switch, will eventually beat the wall up unless you install a guide on the floor.... unlockable door that does not give much privacy, plus does not have a decent place to grab hold of. Hate them.

mdgmc84

They are very useful for people who use wheelchairs. The first time I saw "barn doors" I was at a farmer's house who had a spinal cord injury, he installed them throughout the house other than the exterior entry doors, it made getting around inside much easier than swinging doors.