Barrett's esophagus

KentuckyHeadhunter

Anyone have experience with this? Was recently diagnosed and was curious what the next steps would be.

Dennis

My wife has it you will need to change your diet . Get books on Amazon there's good info there. If you pm me I can get her to give you some info if you like. Mainly you will need to eat and drink non acid food just Google the pH of foods to help you

KentuckyHeadhunter

Thank you Dennis for the reply. Looks like its gonna be a hard and stubborn road. I'm not the best candidate for "change your lifestyle".

Oldstick

My wife has it also after a lifetime of extreme hiatal hernias requiring multiple surgeries. Unfortunately, she doesn't pay too much attention to the diet recommendations, but the doc does more frequent endoscopy's like every other year at the minimum, since there is an elevated risk of becoming cancerous.

Cobra

This is correct. I have to watch what I eat and drink and the list of things I can't have are too numerous to list. I do take a form of prilosec, 40 mg per day. Too far along for less and the Dr. said still have to change diet and scans every two years. It is a hassle but you can do it. Just stop eating things you like and you will be fine.:ROFLMAO: