Bartow-dixie Update 10-11-04

PAPALAPIN

One 5 point take with a SMOKE POLE by Steve Dault, a new member this year from Wookstock. It is his first deer in over 25 years. Great way to start out the season. Congrats Steve!!

We are not having a lot of deer sightings. I think because of the overabundance of food. Acorns, muskedine, and crabapples are everywhere. I even saw my first persimmon on DIXIE. They seem to be scarce here.

We had 18 hunters pinned on the board on Sunday morning. The largest pin up we have had this season. I expect it will be higher this weekend.

Keep in mind that the nxt two weekends is gun season, but BUCKS ONLY. Unlike most of the state, we still have limitations on our DOE DAYs. Also once the DOE DAYS start, it is on the weekends only until Late November.

Check here for Northern Zone SEASON INFO

http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga.us/assets/documents/2004-2005_NZ_webmap.pdf

DON'T FORGET YOUR ORANGE

dixie

Buck Contest

Jack, if you read this, I've had some calls in the last couple of days and the subject about the club{s} doing a big buck contest came up more than once, why not ask around the camp this weekend and see if there's much interest in it from the "regs" there. If there is, we'll put one together, maybe a letter about it on the peg board, One thought, what about a biggest DEER by weight? We have some whopper does running around there this year. what do you think?

Last edited:

PAPALAPIN

I Am Game

As long as DIXIE has theirs and COBBS LEGION has their own. No competition between clubs.

What is going to be the prize. Who participates. Each member eligible, or everyone that wants to take part kick in a couple of bucks - WINNER TAKE ALL.

What will be the deciding factors

HIGHEST SCORING RACK?

HIGHEST WEIGHT INDIVIDUAL DEER?

HIGHEST WEIGHT COMBINED FOR ALL YOUR DEER THIS YEAR?

UGLIEST HUNTER? (NAW - You would have too much advantage on the rest of us.)