Baseball and a trip to the Crooked Creek Bridge

olcaptain

Playing ball has a lot in common with fishing at the Crooked Creek Bridge. Much of the joy lies in the anticipation of the event.

[/url]
Certainly, the outcome of the game or the trip is important, but one doesn’t need to lose sight of the fact that the journey is often as important as the destination. The field was in pristine condition today and the soft breeze made you want to remove your cap and lie in the sun.

[/URL]
[/URL]

As we sat there in the dugout waiting for our turn at bat I could almost hear the P-nut man yelling “Get your Pop Corn, Cracker Jacks or Vienna Sausages!”[/URL]

Just being at the ballpark is an honor. Just being there reminds you of being a boy again. At the park you can let your hair down (If you have any left) and act as silly as a goose.[/URL]
[/url
]
The final tally of today’s match up was no runs, no hits and no errors but I think you will agree from looking at the photos that we didn’t lose at all today……….

[/url
]

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I've often thought that the trip was more enjoyable than the event. I'm mainly speaking of fishing or hunting trips. If you were successful you can compare your experience with a person who went with you. Of course bragging and big talk is always enjoyable in the ride home. Many fond memories are made just this way.

Beagler

The scenery makes it all worthwhile,
Catching fish is just a bonus.

Chris 195 7/8 B&C

Enjoyed the read as usual Captain.
On a side note, I have to be honest that when I saw a report on the Lake Sinclair FB page yesterday about a missing man in a canoe I was a a little worried about you until I saw it was up at Oconee Springs and didn’t think you’d be venturing that far.
Unfortunately, today’s prayers included comfort for the mans family, friends, and authorities who found the drowned man.

olcaptain

Enjoyed the read as usual Captain.
On a side note, I have to be honest that when I saw a report on the Lake Sinclair FB page yesterday about a missing man in a canoe I was a a little worried about you until I saw it was up at Oconee Springs and didn’t think you’d be venturing that far.
Unfortunately, today’s prayers included comfort for the mans family, friends, and authorities who found the drowned man.
I wonder if he was wearing a PFD? I can walk across the creek but I always wear mine in the lake. Either way, it is sad news.

Chris 195 7/8 B&C

It sounded like a sad situation according to the interview with the sherif. Sheriffs department said they were very familiar with him from alcohol related complaints from his neighbors. Ironically, the initial call was a “welfare” check from a neighbor.
Report said they recovered his body within a short distance from the canoe which contained a life jacket and a cooler full of empty beer cans.

olcaptain

It sounded like a sad situation according to the interview with the sherif. Sheriffs department said they were very familiar with him from alcohol related complaints from his neighbors. Ironically, the initial call was a “welfare” check from a neighbor.
Report said they recovered his body within a short distance from the canoe which contained a life jacket and a cooler full of empty beer cans.
Sad indeed.

ThomasCobb123

Playing ball has a lot in common with fishing at the Crooked Creek Bridge. Much of the joy lies in the anticipation of the event.

[/url]
Certainly, the outcome of the game or the trip is important, but one doesn’t need to lose sight of the fact that the journey is often as important as the destination. The field was in pristine condition today and the soft breeze made you want to remove your cap and lie in the sun.

[/URL]
[/URL]

As we sat there in the dugout waiting for our turn at bat I could almost hear the P-nut man yelling “Get your Pop Corn, Cracker Jacks or Vienna Sausages!”[/URL]

Just being at the ballpark is an honor. Just being there reminds you of being a boy again. At the park you can let your hair down (If you have any left) and act as silly as a goose.[/URL]
[/url
]
The final tally of today’s match up was no runs, no hits and no errors but I think you will agree from looking at the photos that we didn’t lose at all today……….

[/url
]
That Max looks like a good one...........but can he hit the low and away in the clutch?:)

transfixer

My view on life is I've always enjoyed the trip, or the journey, just as much if not more than the destination ! Which is why many times I've ventured out with no destination in mind, you're living the good life Captain ! I'm envious !

olcaptain

My view on life is I've always enjoyed the trip, or the journey, just as much if not more than the destination ! Which is why many times I've ventured out with no destination in mind, you're living the good life Captain ! I'm envious !
Come see us!