Bases Loaded and Headin' for home! (100 Carp Rescued!)

olcaptain

I knew the Hooch was out of its banks. I had seen the saturated boat ramp. I had also seen the partially flooded softball field near the ramp but I didn’t give it much thought until the Carp Hotline phone rang this cool and windy Saturday morning. Who could be calling on this blustery day? Why it was none other than Chuck “Yer outta here!” Wolf and his son "First Base" Brent with an emergency report from the softball field! Just what was shaking today other than the wind in the Willows? Were there ineligible players on the field? Was the Wolf pack having to eject them from the game? I thought you’d never ask…………

Who’s on First?

Folks, It seems that when Brent and Chuck arrived for the big game the infield was already littered with Golden Ghosts! The bases were loaded and they were headin’ home! The problem was that they couldn’t find the gate! So what would any fine upstanding DRCFA member do? What else but load up the team bus and take ‘em home!

That’s right folks, with the aid of Dan “The Park Man”, Brent and Chuck were able to catch and release almost 100 stranded Carp back into the Hooch!

Here are just a few photos taken during today's season opener:

Brent and Dan at the Ramp..

A bucket of Carp (tastes like chicken?)

and finally, safe at home…………………..

Thanks Brent! Thanks Chuck! What honor! What valor! We are not worthy!

The Ol' Captain

"Be Ye fishers of men....You catch 'em and He will clean 'em."

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
Now I know where the slogan "SAVE THE WHALES" came from.:D

Good job.

olcaptain

"That is funny. Where is that at? Is it in Franklin?"

Campbellton Rd Bridge Boat Ramp. The River divides Douglas/Fulton Counties at this point. The Softbal Fields are called "Metro" something...........