Bass in Big Creek.

Philhutch80

Banned
Phil you are a very intelligent person and I think the best thing for you do is keep your thoughts to your self and don't AGITATE AND QUESTION PEOPLES RESPONSES. We are common people who express opinions but do not question them.

Are you looking in the mirror or something? You should learn to question more. It can boost your intelligence.

Philhutch80

Banned
I have fished Morgan Falls enough to know, the constant rise and fall of cold muddy water makes it a harsh environment for bass growth. I didn't say anything about the river channel. I only asked Weagle if the creek was cold and muddy like the river. Maybe the question I should ask is " What do you consider a nice one?" And how many nice ones have you caught in Morgan Falls?
Well, I stand corrected! Those are NICE fish! I guess the rising and falling cold muddy water doesn't affect bass growth as I thought. I had written Bull Shoals off as a dink factory but maybe that was done in haste. My only experiences led to small catches leading me to skip it. Seems like I have misjudged it. I need to give it another shot and rethink my distain of cold muddy water. Thanks for the feedback.

This river I have fished a long time and remember seeing weagle's post about his 7lb 11oz stud. That is a horse of a bass in any fishery. Both his fish and Browniez fish are proof that if you have honed your tackle and focus on your presentation you can and will be surprised by the results. Bass like any other fish will evolve to fit the environment. Personally I do not fish often down in that area any longer but I grew up in Roswell in the 80's and 90's so I know all of those areas extremely well and saw some really nice bass come out then as well. My best river bass was a 5lb-er above Hwy20 in the main channel.
I am very glad the thread unfolded how it has as there have been some great fish shown and it hopefully has caused us to pause and think about the possibilities.

jocko755

Agreed. I'm intrigued. Browniez - nice fish too - excellent. My comments seem echoed in other previous posts for the fishery. Seems alot of people have displeasure of the cold muddy water rise and fall, shallow silt, and small bass, which is what I have experienced. However, those with years of experience - time on the water know a different fishery. I am new to the area only 5 years. I spend more time below the dam. I've learned a few things from this thread and will give the fishery another shot! Thanks all.

Philhutch80

Banned
Agreed. I'm intrigued. Browniez - nice fish too - excellent. My comments seem echoed in other previous posts for the fishery. Seems alot of people have displeasure of the cold muddy water rise and fall, shallow silt, and small bass, which is what I have experienced. However, those with years of experience - time on the water know a different fishery. I am new to the area only 5 years. I spend more time below the dam. I've learned a few things from this thread and will give the fishery another shot! Thanks all.

That’s great to hear! Feel free to PM me if you’d ever like to go out and I’ll show you a different side of things.

JC33

Howdy all...anyone been out on the Hooch over the past couple of weeks? Whitewater, Morgan Falls, Bull Sluice, etc...just wondering how it has been fishing with the weather cooling.

weagle

Not me. Probably won't be back till after deer season. I did see a video up in the freshwater fishing forum from Willeo creek a week or so back. Great video of a 5ish lb LM hitting a whopper plopper.