Bass Pro Curse!

Well just got back from Bass Pro. Went in for 1 goody and came out with 5!. Does this happen to anyone else :D I just can't help myself. Speaking of goodys. Has anyone used this Tinks Smoke Stack with Smokin Sticks? Any success if you have? Thanks for info guys. Leaving tomorrow for camp, hopefully get "the one" before everyone else comes for the weekend!

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
I went there last week just to buy permanone, and ended up spending $200! hy my name is phil and Im a bass pro addict! they say admitting you have a problem is the first step towards curring it!!!

Chef Z

smokin sticks

I think they work great. Two bucks walked right up to them last season. Does didn't bother with it but it didn't spook them either.

duke13

MAN!!!! I drive by there everyday going and coming to work. Fortunately it isn't open when i go in the morning or i'd be in there then too! My car seems to want to take a right when i get to the exit and i can't help it! ::huh:

sniper13

Didn't Y'all know ?

Bass Pro, like some foreign countrys, charges an "exit tax"
Every one is welcome to come in, look around, view their various mounts, the huge fireplace, etc. All this is free of charge
But, in order to leave, Ya have to pay. It's kinda like a reverse cover charge. The amount varies each time you go.
I think the minimum is somewhere from $ 25-50, however it can run into MUCH,MUCH more. :speechles
Try to use a shopping list and limit visits to15-20 minutes tops.
Maybe this will help you. It sure doesn't work for me. ;)

HMwolfpup

luckily BP is too far away from me to make it there too often. The only time I have been in and didn't spend money was when they donated to our GONetwork banquet....It sure felt good to walk out with all that stuff and NOT have to pay....too bad I couldn't keep it, but some people got some really nice stuff....spinning real combo, deer stand, soft side tackle box and a lot more stuff

the down side to being that far away from BP is that whenever I make it in there, I never get out for less than $100 usually more.

So where is the nearest BP anonymous meeting any way?

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
You should only live 10 minutes away from it like I do...Heck, I'm on a first name basis with most of the employees....:bounce:

In fact, I was there again last night just to p/u a water jug and ended up spending about $60 on other stuff I picked up while I was in there...::huh:

I probably should just get me a p/t job there as it would at least help pay for my addiction and I could get their employee discount as well.... :bounce:

nevamiss270

GONetwork Member
Man I work there!!! Sometimes i go to work and lose money!!! At least i get a discount!!! Hehehe!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Nick_T

Banned
Rumor mill has it that they're going to be building a BPS distribution center with a retail store in Macon in the near future.

Been to the one in ATL once, just such a long drive from here. But your right though, I did end up spending $100 and I only went in there to look around.

Nick T

How2fish

I once walked in spent an hour and got out with only spending 10 bucks....seems like I left my wallet at home....I still just HAD to buy SOMETHING so I borrowed the 10 from my buddy....we really need a Bass Pro 12 step program...really. :bounce:

H

HT2

Mh........

Everytime.......

You ought to go up thar with "Randy".......

I think he has to call ahead of time just to let them stock everything up..... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

RThomas

I always tell my wife I need to go to Bass Pro to pick up "just one thing". She doesn't believe that anymore. :)

mpowell

yep, happens to me at pretty much any sporting goods shop. i can't go to wal-mart without stopping in the hunting section to pick up something!