Bass Tracker Panfish 16

Big7

The Oracle
Been a while since I sold my 18ft. Tracker.
Long story but I couldn't keep it clean at home under a few giant pines and that many more white and pin oaks. I had the factory cover, made for my particular model boat. Cover alone was $400.00+.

So, you need a place to cover the whole boat. Even if you have a fitted cover. Very hard to keep clean even at that.

If your boat has carpet in it, this is a MUST.
I'm not really familiar with the Pan Fish so I don't know if you have carpet or not. The one's that have primer and something like a spray on bed liner will last forever and can be sprayed on throughout the years. Not so much for the one's that have carpet.

Hope this helps.

Chap

I don't have personal experience, but from seeing the experience of others who have the Tracker boats in that style, and similar boats made by other manufacturers, I have to agree with Big7. The boat really needs to be garage kept or under a good sized carport away from trees. Regardless of where you keep it, I'd recommend staying away from carpet, and get one with the liner floor and interior. It's much more durable and easier to clean off the slime and blood from a good mess of fish.

ribber

They are good boats. Get as much motor as you can and you'll be happier. I see lots of used ones around and I wouldn't be scared to get used, the new ones are pricey.

Hillbilly stalker

I have a 1986 model that I bought in 1990 or 1991. She's getting a little rough , but has only let me down once and that was when the ethanol gas came out. If I was going to buy a new boat, that is where I would start. I fish and hunt out of mine. It's not enuff boat for tubes ,races and skis. But it's great for everything I like.

Chap

I have a 5,000 sf enclosed building with roll up doors for storage.I will buy a good used boat.It will be to fish from.I have a 21' Caravelle inboard run about for fun.I want something light and good on fuel for when launching by myself.

Sounds like you'll have a nice pair of boats! If I wasn't a Gheenoe fan I would have seriously considered one of the Trackers around this size when I bought my last one. I have a co-worker who is looking for a Tracker just like you right now, and I'm helping him look for a good used one. I just don't think you can go wrong with one.

Big7

The Oracle
Yes get the 40 horsepower

That's what I had on mine.

Today, we can get 4 stroke engines, that will make the boat more reliable.

If you clean (skeet out at the car wash) let it dry. Then go ahead and get the cover that's made for your model boat. Spend 5 or 6 hundred bucks on an awning, if you don't have a carport
That will help alot.

kevbo3333

My first boat was a 17’ PF stick steer with a 25. It was a great boat but I wanted a console steer so I could have a front casting deck.

whchunter

Go see David at Dublin Marine. He doesn't carry tracker but has great deals on aluminum boats and provides awesome customer service. I bought a 16 feet Alumaweld with a 50 Tahotsu and am well pleased.

Papa Bear

I think they are great fishing boats on lakes and rivers. Once you get seated at dock no need to get up other than a strech after catching all those fish!