Beach-a-nomics

Patriot44

Judging from the amount of tourists up here in the Smokies this weekend, I'm amazed that there's anybody left to go to the beach.
I would have 10,000 times over rather been in the smokie's, I hate the beach. Haven't stepped on one in probably 5 years and we go to Myrtle every year.

I would have 10,000 times over rather been in the smokie's, I hate the beach. Haven't stepped on one in probably 5 years and we go to Myrtle every year.
Myrtle is not the beach. It's 10,000,000 obnoxious people and tourist trap shops and concrete to the sand. The beach has dunes and saltmarsh and poscosins and tidal creeks backed by Spanish-moss draped live oaks, and long stretches of empty sand with no people and crap. I love the beach. I hate Myrtle Beach.

Patriot44

Myrtle is not the beach. It's 10,000,000 obnoxious people and tourist trap shops and concrete to the sand. The beach has dunes and saltmarsh and poscosins and tidal creeks backed by Spanish-moss draped live oaks, and long stretches of empty sand with no people and crap. I love the beach. I hate Myrtle Beach.
Me too and totally agree. I told my cousin at Sam Corner yester after nearly having a category 5 meltdown trying to order a hotdog that 'this is the reason I don't come visit more often- I live in a city of 7 million and we are not half the disaster that is MB'. Just a little more than 5 years before our GJE (Great Jawga Escape). The mountains will not stop calling me, or my wife or my chillens.

The chillens have to stay though, got to get them some of that Cardboard Crack backside.

Thread starter #24
My beach trip was for my wife. 3 days there and I’m bored to tears. No where to take and park my boat.

Big7

More power to you. I'd take the beach any day. Especially if that beach has a looooong pier to fish from and a Marina or two with a decent fleet of charter boats.. Some of the big party boats are pretty good too.. They move a lot though. Some say thats not to fish out their holes. Some say if it's really on, they will catch a few, call one of their commercial buds to come get them. I think both are true. Some "companies" own party and commercial boats. I love fishing saltwater. From casting from the surf, pier fishing, all the way past the 3rd shipping lane. I've been as far as 100 +/- miles out.

Patriot44

More power to you. I'd take the beach any day. Especially if that beach has a looooong pier to fish from and a Marina or two with a decent fleet of charter boats.. Some of the big party boats are pretty good too.. They move a lot though. Some say thats not to fish out their holes. Some say if it's really on, they will catch a few, call one of their commercial buds to come get them. I think both are true. Some "companies" own party and commercial boats. I love fishing saltwater. From casting from the surf, pier fishing, all the way past the 3rd shipping lane. I've been as far as 100 +/- miles out.
No says I. I have been to many beaches including ones out of the country. I was born to a family of hillbillies and may e my blood is to thick fer a beach.

I speant 19 consecutive summers surfing, fishing and chasing cats on beaches and in oceans. I am lucky to be alive to be honest.

The mountains calm me. The beach makes me want to murder people. And the kicker is, my wife is dagblammed hillbilly too.

Disclaimer: I am on a plane about a hundred miles SW of Boston and have been drinking white likker for better part of three hours. Please excuse any grammatical errors or mispelled words. :bounce:

Thread starter #28
Traveled to NC and back a couple of weeks ago. Reservations were tough to get. Wilmington and the surrounding area was packed, trying to get into a restaurant, was almost impossible. Every gas station we stopped at was packed. The roads were full of 18 wheelers hauling goods. If anyone thinks we would have ever came close to reaching this point with Obama at the helm, I got a snow skiing resort in South Georgia to sell them.

I was just having this conversation with a customer last week. Business is booming for everyone I know.

I coach fastpitch softball at an affluent private high school. Georgia High School Association does not allow mandatory workouts or practices until Aug 1st, so we offer voluntary workouts throughout the summer. I typically carry 14 on a team. Last year as always had 10-12 show up and sometimes a full squad. This year my max was 10 and it happened only twice. Average was around 4-8. Everyone way on vacation or at a sleepover week long summer camps.

Patriot44

I am in Puerto Rico working- been coming here since 2001, all over the island. Last few years, I have been coming here 3-4 times per year. Holy cow! The etire island is PACKED! With Mainlanders! White middle class families. Yes, we are in a recession and BorraX The Magic Negro's economy [and stock market] was better than King Trump's.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!!

My wife and I love traveling to the beach in May, September, or October, which were typically down times. Up until about 3-4 years ago you could get a week for an absolute steal. Now, between the economy and schools taking fall breaks, these times are anywhere from 50-75% more expensive.