Bear claws

fiddlinduke

So i got all these bear claws from my bear. Thinking about doing some key rings for christmas presents. I dremelled a couple to clean them up which worked pretty good. Then i brushed a bunch of coats of clear fingernail polish on them. looked good for a day or 2 then they started to peel. Any suggestions on a good clear finish? Polyurathane maybe?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Maybe post in the primitive skills or even the on topic questions forum.......surely the answers are here. Love to see some photos!

CornStalker

Funny timing... I was actually looking at some internet tutorials about this earlier today. I've got some in my freezer that I was trying to decide on how to use. Key ring is a good idea.

Wonder how many stares I would get if I wore a necklace of bear claws...:unsure:

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Funny timing... I was actually looking at some internet tutorials about this earlier today. I've got some in my freezer that I was trying to decide on how to use. Key ring is a good idea.

Wonder how many stares I would get if I wore a necklace of bear claws...:unsure:

None would stare at a good old fashion rendezvous.

Buckman18

Chicks dig a bear killer. Just saying.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
They are kinda dull. I wanted to bring out the color in them more.

I think I used some white buffing compound and touched them to a buffing wheel. They took a nice shine, about like a polished wood knife handle. I've seen them online where people shellacked them and they looked too artificial for my taste. But if that's what you're going for, go for it!

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Finally pulled some out and cleaned them up.

Anyone ever find any great ideas to use them? Pics?

Drill them out and make a necklace. Hang it from your rearview and be feared.

27709303730_04cc1da990_b.jpg

Wire Nut

Anytime I pull the claw I fill them with clear acrylic. Makes them much easier to drill thru