Bear Trouble?

Meriwether Mike

I am having trouble at my mountain home in Mineral Bluff with a bear. I have about 1/3 of an acre covered with mulch around my cabin. It appears that a bear has developed a taste for grubs that are in the mulch layer. The problem begins when the bear encounters the corrugated plastic gutter tubes buried in the ground under the mulch. They are ripping them in small pieces and pulling them out of the ground when they run into them. This has happened three times. The tubes are tore into small pieces, have bite marks on them and the bottom of the gutters are damaged when they rip the tube up. I am getting tired of replacing them. Is there something I could spread around the yard to deter this activity?

tad1

There are products to kill grubs in yards and if that is what is attracting them then it might be worth applying some of that to the yard. You may get away with smaller amounts if you just apply near the drainage pipe areas. No grubs= No bear digging?

Killdee

Switch over to the white drain pipe might be harder to tear up. And x2 on the grub killer.

swamp hunter

Bears are just big Raccoons..hard to stop them from anything.

greg_n_clayton

Bear dog training is or will be open soon. A few dogs will put him outta the area....maybe for good !!

Meriwether Mike

I am thinking about a three pronged approach:

1-Grub Killer
2-Moth Balls
3-Electronic Deterrent/ Electronic Dog Barker

T-N-T

Ask your neighbors if they eat bear meat.